totalschaden
Adept I

Ryzen 3600 stuck on 4.05Ghz

Got the Following Setup:

Ryzen 3600

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus Wifi

Noctua NH-D15 Cooler

Patriot Viper 3733 17-19-19-39

My Cpu wont boost beyond 4050Mhz (4041,81 in CPU-Z) in any Mode, I tried Default / PBO and Auto Overclocking.

It dosnt matter if I run Multi Core Stress/Bench or Single Core, all the time it boosts to 4050Mhz All Core / Single Core.

I would be happy if it would boost to 4.2Ghz when only 1 Core is on Load, but I cant get it past 4.05Ghz.

Board Temps/VRM always Cold.

Cpu Temp always below Single 50°C Multi 64°C

Not sure what to do, already tried alot of stuff in the Bios, then Cmos Clear, Load Default, try stuff again, etc. Its always stuck on 4050Mhz

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4041.81 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR 

0 Likes
38 Replies
misterj
Exemplar

Re: Ryzen 3600 stuck on 4.05Ghz

totalschaden, I see your are running Profile  2 and Overclocking, so you are doing this.  Please read RM's warning about voiding your warranty.  RM shot looks fine.  Thanks, John.

0 Likes
totalschaden
Adept I

Dont see the point of your post, im looking for a solution, not legal assistence for warranty matters. Thanks for confirming RM shot looking fine though.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Good grief.  I do not know how users expect to get help by denigrating the helper!  John.

EDIT: Your specifications say your processor should boost to 4200 MHz.  I recommend that you open an AMD Online Support Ticket.

0 Likes
masterba1t
Journeyman III

Hello, 

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with my Ryzen 3600. CPU boost is stucked on 4.05 GHz (Single core) no matter what. Interestingly I have Asus motherboard as well (TUF B50M-gaming). I hope some bios update will fix this issue, I really like this CPU.

0 Likes
testsieger73
Adept I

I have heard that some Asus boards are still struggeling with Zen 2. I am running a 3600 on an "old" X370 from MSI with a crappy beta BIOS and it boosts beyond 4.2 with Auto OC enabled.

totalschaden
Adept I

Managed to "fix" the Issue by installing a fresh Windows 10, it now boosts to 4.18 max. by default but even with auto oc or pbo fixed to +75mhz it wont boost beyond the 4.18ghz. I wrote both to Asus and Amd Support, both dont seem to care much. Amd offerd that I send the CPU in, which im not interested in and Asus Support stopped caring after I told them new install fixed the Issue with 4.05 stuck. Not interested looking into the Pbo/Auto Oc problem it seems.

Would be nice to get beyon 4.18ghz when only using 1 Core but i can live with it.

0 Likes
testsieger73
Adept I

4,18 seems a bit odd, maybe you want to make sure that Spread Spectrum is disabled in your BIOS.

0 Likes
totalschaden
Adept I

I cannot find anything with that name or anything simular. Any Idea what to look for ? CPU-Z shows Bus Speed 99.80 but I dont see any Bios option to change it to 100.

0 Likes
testsieger73
Adept I

99.80 in CPU-Z is correct, Spread Spectrum is disabled (which mostly is the case by default anyway, you should find it somewhere in your BIOS CPU settings). If you can confirm (e.g. with HWInfo) that none of your cores boost to ~4200 MHz but only ~4175 MHz, then I still suspect your BIOS. You could set your BCLK in your BIOS to 100 (Auto by default) but I don't think this will improve things whatsoever. Again, ASUS is not the best choice at the moment for Zen 2, but this will improve with upcoming BIOS updates.

0 Likes