Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nytkim
Adept I

Eco Mode not showing up in Ryzen Master

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600x
Motherboard: MSI B650M Mortar Wifi bios 7D76vA1

So, after enabling Precision Boost Overdrive in the Bios, the Eco Mode still doesn't show up in the software. How to make it show up?

nytkim_0-1674342259786.png

0 Likes
12 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

nyktim, have you tried turning off PBO in the BIOS? I would suggest doing a Clear CMOS using your MB manual instructions. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
nytkim
Adept I

Tried both and didn't work.

0 Likes

Thanks, nyktim. I think you are on to a bug but where I do not know. Many users are seeing this. It is bad news that what you did was unable to correct it but I think you have identified a really good clue. Please post a complete screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) of both Basic and Advanced views and do not cut off any of the image. I have an open ticket with AMD Support and will add your evidence to it. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

As said, I tried with PBO on, off and auto. I also tried to disable XMP.

ryzenmaster1.png

ryzenmaster2.png

  

0 Likes

Thanks, nytkim, sent the screenshot to AMD. \Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi,
Try going after it on BIOS, much easier, clean and simple.

Good Luck

johnnyenglish_0-1674394277194.png

The Englishman
0 Likes

Sorry, johnnyenglish, my advice is for users to stay out of BIOS except when they are willing to deal with the consequences. The OP is looking for ECO mode which is no longer available in Ryzen Master after setting PBO in BIOS. I have no idea what all those options are in your BIOS for PBO but I would advise users to not use them. AMD understands their processors and vendors think they do. I have seen many cases of MB vendor changes that adversely effect users systems. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

And I cannot agree but that is ok, people seeking advice should do what they feel its easier as long as there are options.

I always used BIOS (except when things were set with jumpers long time ago), this is the way how fine tuners do their OC, however, I can agree that BIOS level tuning can be cumbersome and not always easy. If people are not comfortable they should avoid it.

In this scenario its just a simple setting, same for the ram XMP/DOCP/EXPO settings and/or PBO. 

The Englishman

I'm am not an OCer and stay out of the BIOS if at all possible. We are learning when running Ryzen, DO NO SET PBO via BIOS as it confuses RM. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

You should focus on giving the advice to the user, not replying to me. I'm Sorry.

Again, my opinion remains, skip Ryzen Master and just do it on BIOS. Been running fine with no issues at all for +2years.

I even have my PBO set to aggressive forcing upwards +200mhz with an undervolting, but that's for me. Not really an advice.

The Englishman

I can do that but I would like to do it through Ryzen Master

I understand, no problem. Just giving out options.

The Englishman
0 Likes