cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

RangerRobAZ
Adept II

AMD Warranty 7600X replacement not shipping

AMD received and inspection passed on my RMA for a 7600X over a week ago. I have contacted them numerous times via email and phone. Each time I am just told the replacement will be shipping 'shortly'. Is there any way to escalate this to actually happen?

AMD's warranty service has been complete garbage for me at this point, as well as their CPUs. I went through similar pain in getting a defective 5600X and warranty process taking over a month to get my replacement. Now this time with 7600X it seems to be delayed for no reason.

0 Likes
15 Replies
RangerRobAZ
Adept II

Now has been 2.5 weeks since return passed inspection. Contacting AMD support via email or phone is a complete waste of time. Phone support just says they have no way to directly contact RMA team and nothing they can do except send emails to them (that are never replied to). Email support seems like it isn't even a human, always the same response of your cpu will be shipping soon. Horrible experience, makes me question buying AMD products in the future.

0 Likes
ynr
Adept II

I am on the same boat. My 7xxx also passed inspection last week, one day after it was delivered to AMD returns center in Florida. It's been a week with no progress. Contacted the RMA support yesterday and they said they were out of stock for my processor and expect restock next week. Maybe yours is also out of stock.

Hope it gets shipped soon.

0 Likes
RangerRobAZ
Adept II

Well, the support people you can call claim they have no ability to contact warranty. Each time they will come up with an elaborate story explaining what might be happening. A couple times it was that they have no stock (of a CPU that has been in plentiful supply for months). The last time the support rep weaved a fascinating tale of escalations and clarification requests, conversations with managers and assuring me someone would be fired over this!

Thanks for commenting that you have similar experience. It is helpful at least to know that my case isn't just missed/forgotten about. I wish AMD would cross ship. Good luck getting your replacement!

Mine got shipped today, at least the label is created. Any news on yours?

0 Likes

Thanks for updating. I got a tracking number this morning too, but it has not been picked up by fedex yet. Was waiting to post until it actually was on the way. So 3 weeks, 1 day from the time AMD passed the inspected of my return until they actually shipped the replacement (assuming it actually is going out and not just label printed a week in advance). Shameful for parts that are plentiful and have been basically since release. Glad you didn't have as long of a wait at least. Good luck with the replacement!

0 Likes
BobC0728
Adept II

Hmmmm...I have a warranty to ship to AMD in Florida ( I live about an hour from address, was thinking of driving it down).  But my machine is kinda working with this processor (5900X).  I cant be without it for three-four weeks.  But based on your bad stories here (only a few weeks ago) I might buy a cheap processor on e-bay first as a backup.  I just sent support an email asking about cross-ship option.  I will pay for it!

0 Likes

I think I need to RMA my 7600X. If they offer an option to cross ship for a cost I'd be interested in knowing.

0 Likes

Good luck with your rma. Getting another cpu would be a good idea I think. Driving down wouldn’t help you and would cost a lot more in gas. I’ve never heard of AMD cross shipping likely they want to discourage anyone from actually getting warranty claims done by having such terrible turn around times. 

0 Likes

So did they approve the warranty claim right away once received, do they test it?  Then they waited weeks to ship replacement?  Did you ship to Miami, Florida?  And thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

0 Likes

They did approve the RMA to send back fairly quickly. And then they received the CPU on a Friday and it was tested/approved by Monday morning. So that part was quick. But then they didn't ship the replacement for 3-4 weeks.

0 Likes

That is crazy...thanks for the replies.  All good with new processor?  What issue did you have with original processor?

0 Likes

The 7600X could not run stable. Crashed all the time in games and benchmarks. I was able to lower the core boost by -100mhz and it worked. Sounds simple now but I spent weeks and many hours with 3 different motherboards, 3 different RAM sticks to try and troubleshoot it. Hard to get help when you have a CPU issue b/c AMD fan boys come out of the woodwork to tell you all the reasons why you are wrong and CPU is fine.

I bought a 7700x before sending back the 7600x and then just sold the replacement. The person who bought it didn't complain, so I assume it was ok.

0 Likes
BobC0728
Adept II

Lol on the "AMD fan boys" comment.  

I am getting random BSOD's and game hard crashes and the most annoying is with Chrome getting Status_access_violation and status_stack_buffer_overrun errors.  I have tired a zillion diffrent fixes I have found, plus new RAM, nothing works.  Currently have 4 cores (of 12) turned off to see if I get the errors.  Trying to isolate which cores.  Unfortunately you can't pick which cores to turn off in BIOS.  It just starts at the end and shuts them down.  IF the problem cores are the first two I am screwed.  AMD has already approved the return, just want to see if it absolutely the CPU before I send it back.

0 Likes

Try doing what I did to fix my problem (see solution): https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/amd-7600x-am5-7000-platform-instability/m-p/586897

You can also do something else I did earlier, to disable core boost entirely from BIOS. It isn't how you'd ever want to run, but if your system is stable by essentially underclocking the CPU, then it is more likely ta CPU issue.

0 Likes

I ended up testing the cores using Ryzen Master and core 4 was definitely the one causing the issues.  I was testing 2 and 4 at a time and the only time I would end up with errors was when Core 4 was running.  It was also the gold star core on that CCD, so that did not help either.  It took 4 days worth of testing.  I sent the chip back last Tuesday.  It arrived Wednesday, because I am only an hour from Miami.  Thursday they updated system that it was defective.  Nothing happened Friday.  Monday morning I got notification new unit was shipping, it is supposed to arrive today.  So a week round trip with me living so close to Miami.  All the Fedex shipping was two day, but arrived in one.  So I would imagine anywhere else best case is 8 or 9 days.

0 Likes