cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

FlabQuarv7
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Started lagging a lot recently

Ive had this cpu for about 3-4 years and all the cpu intensive games ive been playing that entire time have started stuttering immensely, apex has never lagged in 4 years except a couple times in those years but the lag and stuttering  went away after a day or two but this time it has persisted. I tried everything i saw people do who had the same issue as me. Disabled ftpm in bios, unplugged all the usbs from my computer when booting it up, reinstalled gpu and cpu chipset drivers twice with the adrenaline software, downloaded the ryzen master took a screenshot of it as soon as i saw and i guess ive never really done this before so i wanted to ask is this normal during a game? or is my cpu giving out?  Or is it my gpu thats lagging out the game potentially? Need help thanks

System:

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 

Ram: 16 gigs 

Gpu: AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT

2 ssds 

Windows 10 

Captusdre.JPG

0 Likes
4 Replies
FunkZ
Exemplar

The default power limits for a 5800X should not be PPT 95W - TDC 75A - EDC 90A. 

It is a 105W TDP chip and these should be PPT 142W - TDC 90A - EDC 140A.

You don't list what your motherboard is however it may have lower limits set due to VRM components?

Also you don't list what CPU cooler you have but 82°C with 1.27V is adequate but could be better?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

So for the cooler i got the be quiet shadow rock 3 and for the motherboard i got a A320M-S2H V2-CF

0 Likes

Not familiar with that cooler but reviews seem to put it mid-tier around 5°C off high-end coolers like the Peerless Assassin.

That Gigabyte board has a barebones 4+2 phase VRM with no heatsinks at all to cool the power components. This may be adequate for a 65W TDP processor but it's really underbuilt for a 105W TDP CPU like the 5800X.

I assume you're running at least BIOS version F54 (6/22) or newer? Not sure if an A320 chipset even with latest BIOS includes any options for PBO like Curve Optimizer? Probably not. But if you did not manually adjust the power limits something sure is restricting your CPU with that PPT setting.

Is that screen snip of RM under a single core or multi core load?

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
0 Likes

Maybe i should get a new motherboard then, i'll look into it after disassemble my pc and check all the parts individually. Im running bios version f55b, and that screen snip is under a multi core load yes 

0 Likes