cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dweebstark
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Very high under load temperatures / current values

Hello folks, I just build a new PC (my first ever). While running  stress test with cpu fan cooler. CPU temp went up to 95 degrees in a matter of secs. 

I used AIDA 64 for stress test and RYZEN MASTER to check the temperature values. mother board/SSD/GPU are all working fine with no issues. The motherboard came with the  latest BIOS version installed. Idle temperatures are (45~60) wiht 0.97 core voltage which I think is still a little bit high, but I care about under load for now. I am using the stock cooler and set it to max at all times from BIOS.

I double checked the fan and it's working fine and behaves according to processor temperature. The processor score with cinebench R20 is 3540s. I am doing bench test (No case) . Also, the current EDC/TDC were 95%. and cpu core voltage I am getting is around 1.25v. 

I disabled PBO settings from the BIOS but it didn't affect the results 
I tried increasing/ lowering offset voltage. But it resulted in a much lower performance. And I read it damages the cpu on a longer term.

Build:

-AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

-ASROCK B450M Pro4

-16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 -Corsair LPX (Ryzen optimized version)

TLDR:  CPU temp is  too high (95c peak). Running on stock cooler No overclock.

0 Likes
2 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

With such high temperatures from idle I would guess that the thermal interface between the CPU and the cooler isn't very good.

I would suggest you try remounting the cooler with some new thermal paste and see if that improves matters any.

0 Likes

Changed the stock paste with cooler master paste. no difference. Ended up buying deepcool gammax 400, temps went down a bit but still too high for a an aftermarket cooler (mid 80s). 

0 Likes