cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joaoferreira
Journeyman III

2700x XMP

Hello, i have msi x470 gaming pro, 32g Gskill Flare X ddr4 cl14 3200mhz, and can't turn xmp on, memory clocks only goes to 933, not sure what happen, i've update bios, take out and change ram sticks, nothing works, sometimes when i try to put xmp profile 2, pc crashs, don't start, ermm, can't find a solution, any help is welcome.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Set the speed, timings, and voltage manually.

0 Likes
Trist04160
Journeyman III

I kind of had the same problem. For me, I looked on the page of the 2700X processor and saw that for memory, it can go "up to 2933mhz" So then I just turned on XMP and changed the ram speed to 2933mhz and so far I've had no crashes at all. Now I don't know exactly if you can run ram speed over 2933mhz without crashing but to me, it seems that 2933mhz is as high you can go. Hope this helps!

0 Likes

So i have this awnser from Gskill:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for the information provided.

It seems you have installed 2 kit of F4-3200C14D-16GFX, for a total of 32GB(8GBx4 modules), so using these 4 modules together may result in lower frequency, since they were not tested together before.

Please understand that we would not suggest to use 2 memory kits together as this is considered mixing memory kit. Please note that mixing memory kits, even if the same model number, may result in compatibility issue. G.SKILL will guarantee the compatibility for single memory kit only. Each of our memory kit is thoroughly tested to ensure compatibility within each memory kit. And because both memory kits were not tested for compatibility, we cannot guarantee compatibility when multiple kits are used. Please visit our FAQ for more information: gskill.com/en/faq/Memory

Please try the following combination, update BIOS and clear CMOS prior to booting to see if the 4 modules are able to boot at rated frequency:

Combination 1: [CPU] [A] [B] [A] [B]

Combination 2 :[CPU] [A] [A] [B] [B]

[A]: first memory kit containing two modules with consecutive serial numbers.

[B]: second memory kit containing two modules with consecutive serial numbers.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Tech Support Team

0 Likes

Have run a 2600x and now a 2700x,both GSkill Trident Z 3200 and Corsair RGB Vengance pro,2-2x8 gig(16G) kits and one 2x16 gig(32G) kits work flawless at 3200Mhz XMP.on a Crosshair VII hero X470.

0 Likes