Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

shik0
Journeyman III

2700X and Aorus Gaming 7, PC crashes under load

Hi,

I have recently purchased the motherboard, RAM and CPU and I have a problem with the PC shutting down while gaming, streaming in OBS or both. The system is only stable if everything is on stock settings and if I enable XMP profile the PC randomly crashes during gaming and/or streaming. When the PC shuts off the LEDs on the motherboard continue glowing and I have to turn off and on the PSU to be able to turn it back on, otherwise the power button on the case and I/O panel don't do anything. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the CPU or the motherboard?

Solutions I've tried:

- remounting CPU cooler

- trying with different RAM: G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GTZR - unstable at any ram speed except 2133MHz, G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GVGB also unstable at any speed except 2133MHz.

- different GPU

- different PSU, Seasonic SS-520GB

- unplugged every HDD except Samsung 850 EVO with Windows 10 64bit

- installed original Windows 10 64bit on Kingston SSD

- tried flashing all available BIOSes

- tried SOC up to 1.25v and DRAM voltage up to 1.5v

Temps while under load:

GPU: about 85c

CPU: about 65c

PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 2700X

MBO: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI

RAM: G.SKILL F4-3400C16D-16GSXW

GPU: INNO3D iChill Geforce GTX 1080Ti X3

PSU: Seasonic Focus Plus 650 Platinum

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

CPU heatsink: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

BIOS version: F4g

0 Likes
3 Replies
shik0
Journeyman III

Update:

It seems both my new and old Seasonic PSUs are faulty or incompatible with the new system, once I put Corsairs HX620 everything started working properly. I will send both PSUs to RMA and try them in the system again when they return.

0 Likes

This is the exact problem I am having now, wondering if your system is now completely stable after replacing your power supply.  I've tried everything imaginable and my system is still crashing, but the MOBO and RAM are stiill lit with RGB

0 Likes

Seasonic sent me a replacement PSU and now its completely stable.

0 Likes