cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

GlenUK
Adept I

Updated chipset driver now my temps are up by 5-8 degrees at idle.

Today I updated from AMD Chipset Driver V5.11.02.217 to AMD Chipset Drivers V6.07.22.037 and noticed an instant increase in temp at idle. 

It ran prior at 38-40 C, it now fluctuates at 43-48C

PROCESSORS: RYZEN 7 7800X3D

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix X670E-F Gaming Wi-Fi

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz CL30

PSU: Corsair RM1000X

GPU: RTX 4070TI SUPER

SSD: Western Digital Black SN770 2TB - SSD M.2 NVMe

CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 

0 Likes
9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

GlenUK, post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) in same condition. If you did not get your drivers from here, try again. John.

Is this screengrab all you need?

And yes, I initially got the updated drivers from there. Having noticed the jump in temp Ive just gone to Asus support and installed AMD Chipset Driver V6.03.19.217, the driver above my old drivers AMD Chipset Driver V5.11.02.217.

Should I roll back to AMD Chipset Driver V5.11.02.217?

GlenUK_0-1727809940584.png

0 Likes

GlenUK, you should never get AMD drivers from the MB vendor. Download the latest from AMD. You are not idling in the screenshot. One core is running at 2600+ MHZ. John.

Let him buy a 2000w (UOFB certified) PSU to be on the safe side then undervolt the (UOFB) PSU itself. This lead to a stable reduction of voltage all over the system so that all parts of the system have an equal voltage (and temperature) drop. Then by driving up the frequency of the alternating current going into the UOFB certified PSU the frequency on which the whole system operates can be raised until the frequency of the CPU is reached. This uniform overall frequency boost (UOFB) is the lates and the greatest, and of course the fastest, but it doesn't come cheap while special care is needed to implement it. Otherwise you might forget to put in a CMOS battery with a lower voltage in order for the bios settings being retained in a bios chip that operates at the same frequency as as the CPU. UOFB certified lithium cells are the best but an almost drained normal battery often also works. In order to commission the new system configuration it's necessary to shuffle all the memory addresses and remap them according to the system's overall power drop divided by the frequency raise of the alternating current minus 50Hz. 

Installing RM after this is a no go because the frequency of the system has been raised ground level up instead of top down.  Don't bother me to ask for more details. All the details are in this post which doesn't have a tab. 

0 Likes
GlenUK
Adept I

Apologies... new screen!

As I say I got the initial update from AMD, and it shot the temps up!

GlenUK_0-1727811492159.png

0 Likes

OK, thanks GlenUK. That is truly at idle. What is your ambient? This temperature is fine. John.

GlenUK
Adept I

Current room temp 22.5...it rarely changes, so why the jump with the latest chipset?

It seems the older chipset has brought it down somewhat. I'm wondering going full roll back.

0 Likes

GlenUK, I cannot answer that question but it is nothing to worry about. The latest drivers may well correct some problem (s). Please look at the Release notes on the Driver page. John.

Ok, thanks for your time MrJ. 

0 Likes