Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

xyntan
Journeyman III

System restarts with Ryzen 9 3900X / Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570

Hey everyone,

about a month ago I upgraded my PC - new CPU, new board, new cooler (old Intel CPU got extremly hot..). I assembled everything, set the BIOS correctly (after a BIOS update, I left the whole voltage settings etc. on AUTO..) and reinstalled Windows, installed all drivers, etc. 

The system worked for about a week, then out of a sudden the computer just went off, everything went dark, and restartet automatically a few seconds after. 

The problem occurs in normal booted os and in the safe mode, usually after 5-10 minutes, while gaming, surfing in the internet, doing nothing...

The eventviewer shows following message "kernel power error id 41 category 63 critical"

Here a list of my hardware:

Case: be quiet! Dark Base 900 (3 preinstalled air coolers, with cooler control)
Mainboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS AMD X570 So.AM4 (already exchanged with a Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12x 3.8GHz
CPU cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro
RAM: 16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-38
PSU: 600W be quiet! Straight Power 10 CM Modular 80+ Gold
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB GDDR5X
256GB Samsung SM961 M.2 2280 (MZVPW256HEGL-00000)
1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2280 (MZ-V7E1T0BW)
and a 2TB hdd for pics, vids, etc.

I tried the following steps:

- BIOS Update

- BIOS Reset (the whole voltage settings are set on AUTO)

- RAM exchanged

- PSU exchanged

- GraKa exchanged

- Used the power pins to start my pc, to exclude the front panel as an error

- Mainboard (MSI Board), CPU, cooler tested in the case of my wife

- reinstalled windows on all drives

- Mainboard exchanged (new Aorus Elite Board)

- BIOS update etc. with new board

In my opinion, the only component that could possibly still have a defect is the CPU, or am I missing something?

The rest of the components work in another PC, the only thing I haven't testet is the CPU cooler. But does a CPU cooler cause such a behavior?

Does anyone have another idea?

Thanks,

Xyntan

Sorry for my bad english, I hope it's still understandable

3 Replies
pasqudis
Adept I

Well you just troubleshoot almost every way you could. It seems like its cpu problem, you've tested it on two different mobos, switch all others parts. Clearly there's something wrong with the cpu. Did you check the temps and voltages ? You've got AMD chipset drivers installed and ryzen power plans enabled ?

0 Likes
xyntan
Journeyman III

Hello pasquids,

Chipset drivers are installed and ryzen power plans enabled, I tried with Balanced and Max. Performance. Temps were also checked, they are around 35-45°C in idle, can´t check it under load because the pc restarts before.

I haven't checked voltages, i don´t know what's normal there to be honest. 

0 Likes

idle temps are fine. Voltages if they are set on auto will jump up and down, but shouldn't get above 1.5V. Also one thing that comes to my mind, disconnect all the disks, leave only windows one. Try to see if problems still exist

0 Likes