cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Zyler22
Journeyman III

No signal on monitors with Ryzen 9 5900x

I recently attempted to install my new Ryzen 9 5900x. I experienced an error where my monitors would no longer display. My computer works fine now that I've switched back to my Ryzen 7 2700 leading me to believe that there's a problem with my processor and/or the associated drivers. 

My current hardware is as follows:

- MSI B450 Tomahawk Max with AM4 processor port

- Radeon rx 7900 xtx graphics card

- 64gb of DDR4 RAM

In my attempt to resolve the issue I have:

- updated my BIOS to the latest version

- updated my AMD chipset drivers

- reinstalled my graphics card

- reinstalled my RAM

Please let me know if you have any insights. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

Zyler22, post your power supply, cooling system, OS and all other parts. Did you get your AMD drivers from here? Try it with one stick of memory and one monitor. Is your BIOS 7C02v3K2(Beta version)? Do a Clear CMOS and try again. Did you install a fresh copy of Windows including formatting your C: disk? John.

0 Likes

Power supply: Corsair CX 650M

Cooling fan for cpu: unknown AMD fan (I threw out the box a while ago)

RAM: 2 sticks OLOy 16gb ddr4 + 2 sticks T-Force Delta 16GB ddr4

Hard drives: SanDisk Ultra II ssd 500gb + Ediloca EN705 M2ssd chip 2TB + Seagate Barracuda Pro 10TB HDD

I did get my AMD drivers from the site. My BIOS version is the one that you listed.

I tried a Clear CMOS and that didn't fix the issue. Then I tried with the 1 stick RAM 1 monitor and that got me to the BIOS screen but no further. What do you think that means? Also, the Ryzen 9 and the fan got very hot pretty fast. 

I would consider messing with the OS and my boot drive as a last case scenario. I'm not very confident in that area. 

0 Likes

Zyler22, you are asking for trouble running two different memory types. Choose one matched pair and buy another matched pair of the same make (put this off till you get running). Make sure your memory is on the QVL. Run the pair you have chosen. You also need to install a fresh copy of Windows including formatting your C: disk in GPT. I also think you need a larger power supply, maybe 850-900 Watts. Do not buy a quad memory kit as your processor does not support 4 channels. What does this mean "BIOS screen but no further."? The maximum temperature for your processor is 90C. This is 194F, so feels very hot to the fingers. Hot fan? John.

0 Likes
Awol
Challenger

5900X creates quite a bit of heat. Id suggest a 360 AIO or if on air the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4. Also your PSU is below the bare minimum requirement for your GPU

X570 Aorus Elite / Ryzen 9 5900X / AMD RX7900 XTX / 64GB Quad Kit Kingston Fury Black 3600MHZ CL16 / RM1000 X PSU

0 Likes