cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

TheFlyer777
Adept I

Increasing single threaded score with 5600x .

Hello,

I run a 5600x and predominately use it with flightsim , namely xplane 12 ,which is actually a single thread-dependent application. I am currently running the 5600x at ultra setting with a 6800xt at 1080 p. This causes a CPU bottleneck even with all GPU setting cranked and CPU settings slightly lowered. My CPU frame time is usually 2X my GPU frametime subsequently causing a bottleneck.I have significant thermal headroom and my CPU runs at 50-55c during flights. Until I buy a 1440p monitor I want to be able to increase my single-threaded score of 5600x as I have a bit of headroom. I have enabled PBO under amd overclocking in the BIOS and the usual DOCP yet have found the BIOS not as easy to use for overclocking as ryzen master. So what I am ultimately asking is how best do I use ryzen master to Increase my single-threaded performance. Is manual, PBO or auto OC best? I am currently using PBO because it is more simple and does a relatively good job, not necessarily single thread . Would Increasing ppt or EDC Or the tdc help? 

I wonder what you may think. How can I increase single thread score.

Kind regards,

SC

5600x 2x8 @ 3200mhz 6800xt 970 evo plus cx 750m

0 Likes
1 Reply
misterj
Big Boss

TheFlyer777. Quick reply. Please post Ryzen Master (RM) both Basic and Advanced modes running Cinebench Single core. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes