cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

SexMINOS
Journeyman III

Hi temp

I’m experiencing temperature issues in a certain part of the PC, but I can't seem to resolve them. The screenshot I’ve attached shows the information I have, but additionally, my PC recently shut down due to overheating in a USB port. I don’t know how to diagnose the problem or where to start fixing it. The option to disable a USB port through the BIOS and test it has already been tried without success.

Ryzen 9 3950
Motherboard 570
6800XTCaptura.PNG

0 Likes
3 Replies
FunkZ
Grandmaster

What CPU cooler are you using that the 3950X has a minimum 80°C temperature?

Whatever it is it's not doing the job correctly.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes

Please post the Make & Model of your CPU Cooler.

The Maximum Operating Temperature for your Ryzen 9 is 95c. once it reaches that temperature it starts to automatically throttle to keep the CPU Temperature at 95c or below. If the temperature keeps rising it will eventually reach the CPU Critical Shutdown temperature and shut down the PC to PREVENT damage to the processor and motherboard.

AMD Recommends a AIO Liquid CPU Cooler for this processor since it has a high TDP rating of 105 Watts.

This website offers the best CPU Cooler both Air and AIO for the Ryzen 9 3950X processor: https://tech4gamers.com/best-cpu-coolers-for-ryzen-9-3950x/

By your image of the monitoring of your processor it seems like you have an under-powered CPU Cooler or the CPU Cooler is not installed correctly or it is not working correctly.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

SexMINOS, I am really curious what makes you think a USB port is overheating and shutting down your PC. The 3950X max temperature if 95C so 109.8C makes no sense. Many, maybe most reported overheating is really using a application giving erroneous values. Use Ryzen Master (RM). John.

0 Likes