cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

mustafagnc59
Journeyman III

dell g15 ryzen 5 5600h freezes on simple operations

increase the volume of the video both the system freezes and the sound freezes we couldn't solve this problem I contacted dell but they said there is no problem with them

0 Likes
6 Replies
konrtenny45
Journeyman III

As i know make sure that all your drivers, including graphics and chipset drivers, are up to date. You can visit Dell's support website or use their support assistant software to check for and install any available driver updates because sometimes, certain software programs or applications can conflict with each other and cause freezing issues. Try to identify if the freezing occurs when running specific programs and consider uninstalling or updating those applications.

0 Likes

all my drivers are up to date, i check all the updates when i turn on the computer for the first time, this problem occurs even when writing reports from excel, watching videos from youtube, listening to songs from spotify now it's starting to annoy me

0 Likes

Please post the exact Make & Model of your Dell Laptop.

Use a Hardware monitoring program to monitor your Dell Laptop. It might be overheating or some other hardware might be overheating causing the freezing.

Make sure your laptop's vents are clean and the Laptop fan(s) are running full speed.

Also run a CHKDSK on your Windows Drive to make sure there aren't any bad sectors that can cause the freezing.

If your Windows Drive has one bad sector the computer will freeze because it is trying to read or write into that bad sector. After a few seconds it stops checking and goes on to another sector.

Or better yet run Dell's own Laptop Diagnostics from Dell's  Support page for your laptop. See if it comes back with any errors.

Try running your Laptop with a Clean Windows Desktop to see if it is due to any 3rd party software. easy to do and undo. here is how: How to perform a clean boot in Windows 

Or go into Windows Safe Mode and see if the freezing continues. If it does that might indicate a failing or bad Hardware inside your laptop.

0 Likes

the cause of the problem was dell's own software, deleting all dell software on the laptop, the problem was solved

frustrating that the problem is caused by something so simple

0 Likes

I followed it from the msi afterburner program, while the instantaneous usage of the processor was 20-30%, it suddenly became 70-80%. It saw a maximum of 67°C at the temperature, should I contact amd for the problem, should I contact dell for bios?

I used google translate sorry for mistakes

0 Likes

a maximum of 67c is very good for a laptop with a load between 70% - 80%. I would worry if the temperature reaches close to the Maximum Operating Temperature of your laptop mobile processor while under normal loads or gaming.

NOTE: But it is a good idea to keep your BIOS and Drivers up to date from Dell's Support site or through the manufacturer's of the hardware.

0 Likes