cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Ro0ni
Journeyman III

BSODs problem on AMD RYZEN 3600

I bought an AMD RYZEN 5 3600 processor 2 years ago, I had a problem with various BSODs, I set the processor's VCORE to 1.1V in the BIOS and everything was fine, but recently I found out that it limits the processor power. Is this a processor defect? Anyone had such a problem? Can this be fixed other than by setting the CPU VCORE?

Computer specification :

AMD RYZEN 5 3600

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite

MSI GEFORCE RTX 2060 GAMING Z 6GB

PLEXTOR 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe M9PeG

SilentiumPC Vero M2 600W Plus Bronze

1 Solution
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think your PSU might be not quite up to the task.  BSODs and things of this nature can result from a PSU operating beyond it's capabilities.  Lowering your VCORE voltage probably helped that and the BSODs went away.  I would up your PSU to a 750 Watt Gold or Platinum if you can.  I am a firm believer in having double the required power available from a PSU and I only use name brand ones at that.  You only draw the power that your load needs and that load can increase quite a bit when gaming.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I think your PSU might be not quite up to the task.  BSODs and things of this nature can result from a PSU operating beyond it's capabilities.  Lowering your VCORE voltage probably helped that and the BSODs went away.  I would up your PSU to a 750 Watt Gold or Platinum if you can.  I am a firm believer in having double the required power available from a PSU and I only use name brand ones at that.  You only draw the power that your load needs and that load can increase quite a bit when gaming.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes