cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

victoriam
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 3 3200U

I want to upgrade a computer that has the Ryzen 3 3200U processor, and i can't find the info as to how much RAM is compatible with this processor. I've seen it supports up to 12gb but in other websites it says 64gb so any help would be apreciated. The computer currently has 8gb ram.

I couldn't find any info here either but i apologize if i missed something.

0 Likes
1 Solution

You need to ask the manufacturer of your Laptop to tell you which hardware is compatible.

How much and type of RAM that is used by the laptop depends on the Laptop's Motherboard.

You can google your Laptop exact model for upgrades and see what shows up.

If the Manufacturer of the laptop doesn't solve your question you can ask at the Manufacturer's Forums.

According to this processor's Website WikiChip  here is your processor's specs: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_3/3200u

From above link concerning Max Memory:

Screenshot 2022-05-23 160150.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

You need to ask the manufacturer of your Laptop to tell you which hardware is compatible.

How much and type of RAM that is used by the laptop depends on the Laptop's Motherboard.

You can google your Laptop exact model for upgrades and see what shows up.

If the Manufacturer of the laptop doesn't solve your question you can ask at the Manufacturer's Forums.

According to this processor's Website WikiChip  here is your processor's specs: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/amd/ryzen_3/3200u

From above link concerning Max Memory:

Screenshot 2022-05-23 160150.png

0 Likes

Hello, i am a new user here and with very basic and fairly poor grasps of tech knowledges which i gained from different sources. The problem is, i have got a laptop which has Amd ryzen 3 2300u which i assume is a mobile gpu. I cannot seem to find out, whether it supports 8 gb or 16 gb ram which is of 3200mhz specifically? I have searched around in different websites, so some says it is compatible upto max 24 gb 2400 mhz but in some websites it says max capacity is 32 gb for ram ( but it doesn't mention the max mhz or speed i guess)

The laptop is, Dell Inspiron 15 300p series.

[Also, sorry to message about Amd ryzen 3 2300u in the section about Amd ryzen 3 3200u]

0 Likes

I suggest you open a Dell Support ticket to see what type of RAM Memory your laptop is compatible with as an upgrade.

Also you can open a thread at DELL Forums where you might get the answer you are looking for.

Try googling your exact Dell Laptop model for RAM upgrade and see which RAM Manufacturer has compatible RAM Memory for your laptop.

NOTE: you can't just purchase any type of RAM that fits in your laptop. It needs to be a RAM Memory that your laptop Motherboard supports.

0 Likes