cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Processors

Mozart
Adept I

5600x scores and temps

In advance sorry for the weird and long format and possibly making it hard to read 

Hey, so I just got my new 5600x after doing a RMA on a 5800x and getting my money back and currently my 5600x is completely stock no oc or anything like that and in R23 I get a multi score of 10400 roughly and 1500 in single score and temps are mid 60s on multi and mid 50s single but In multi it only holds 4.25ghz for some reason but goes to 4.65ghz in single sometimes and with pbo on it goes to 4.55ghz and adds 400-500 to the multi score and it hits 84c but the problem is I have a kraken x62 AIO which is a 280mm and sometimes the cpu in stock hits close to 70 while doing some specific tasks like gaming and I have reapplied thermal paste multiple times now should I get a new cooler or is this just how the cpu is ? And the thermal paste is mx-4 from Arctic and I get the same temps with the thermal grizzly kryonaut

0 Likes
1 Solution
kurdtnz
Adept III

I have a be quiet dark rock slim cooler on my 5600X and am surprised how cool it runs to be honest. Have you got the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard and latest BIOS?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
kurdtnz
Adept III

I have a be quiet dark rock slim cooler on my 5600X and am surprised how cool it runs to be honest. Have you got the latest chipset drivers for your motherboard and latest BIOS?

0 Likes

Yes i have all the latest stuff Kurdtnz, but i just looked at my coolers TDP (finally found it after many searches) and it only has 140w TDP so i have to buy a new one to have it completely under control so yea im going to buy the Noctua NH-D15 cpu cooler since i have heard a lot of good about it but thanks for your answer

0 Likes