cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Sensethepain
Journeyman III

Xfx rx 580 8gb no signal on somebody's pc but works fine on mine.

As the title said, it works on my pc but when I install the graphic card into another pc it says no signal and the fan keeps spinning. I think it is a driver problem and I have an idea about using another gpu to uninstall old drivers then trying again but I am not sure if it would work. I have to go quite far and it took all day for me today just to go there, try the gpu, fail and come back home. Anyone got any idea on this issue? The psu might be a problem but he said he had 1060 before and his psu is 500w from coolermaster. It's not a good psu but I think it is reliable. Idk, I just don't want to waste another day like that and would appreciate if anyone has a solution. Cheers!

0 Likes
2 Replies
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Are you using HDMI type of connector?

0 Likes
hawkeye
Elite

You left out important details. The GPU doesn't display anything at all? Even before windows loads still no signal or it displays fine and loses signal after windows loads?

If it doesn't display anything at all it can't be driver related as the drivers are not even used before windows loads. In that case I suggest to try with a different display cable, maybe your own display cable that you know works. Otherwise it can be a BIOS compatibility issue, try to reset the bios to default settings.

If it loses signal after windows loads into memory it can be driver related... You need to start windows into safe mode and uninstall the previous drivers from there using DDU.

0 Likes