cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

ExperT
Journeyman III

Stutters in NEW GAMING PC RX7800XT, R7800X3D

Hello guys I NEED YOUR HELP. I've got this PC like 2/3 months ago now and everything was working fine untill yesterday I started to notice some heavy stutters on the FPS. This PC is more than capable to play the games with high graphics settings and it has been doing just perfect. It started on RUST. My fps were around 190~ but when It stutters, It would go down to 70 and the game freezes for a second.

Then when I went to play Rocket League, I noticed the same problem and also then on Battlefield 2042 which is one of the games that I play the most since im a First person shooter fan. On Battlefield I have the FPS locked on 144 to match my monitor Refresh rate and it was never a problem. Now when I notice the freezes, it goes down to 100 - 110 FPS ~

I will upload some videos for you guys to have a better look on it.

What I've tried so far: 

- Check for windows updates 

- Check for AMD Drivers updates and make sure it is updated.

- Updated BIOS to the 3035 version. (The 3040 is still in beta so I prefered not to go with that one yet)

None of the above helped to fix the issue so I just factory reset my PC. I've installed everything back again and updated everything but still having this annoying stutters that shouldn't happen on this build.

SPECS: Windows 11 Home

BIOS Version American Megatrends Inc. 3035, 05/09/2024

Motherboard ASUS PRIME B650M-A II-CSM

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 8-Core Processor

AMD Radeon™ RX 7800 XT Phantom Gaming 16GB OC

RAM HyperX Kingston Fury 32GB DDR5 EXPO/XMP ON TO 6000MT's

Power Supply Seasonic GM-850W 80 PLUS GOLD

This is so frustrating because started happening out of nowhere! I used to play all games just fine but once it started on RUST, it happends on all the oher games aswell.

Thanks for your time guys.

0 Likes
0 Replies