cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Xpander43
Journeyman III

Star wars battlefront 2 crashing with 24.8.1 driver with AMD Radeon Rx 5700 graphics card

Hello all,

I have been having an issue with my Windows 10 64 bit system running the 24.8.1 (and possibly 24.7.1) radeon driver with my AMD RADEON RX 5700 graphics card. It first started when not even gaming, my pc started randomly (at different times, sometimes after 30 minutes, or an hour, or two hours say) blue screen of deathing with a MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION error. I googled and found an article on my smartphone on how to test for various errors in windows that generate this error. I tried all the steps recommended but it didn't solve the issue. So also tried cleaning and reinstalling the 24.8.1 Radeon driver, but this made no difference. I booted into safe mode which was stable and backed up my important data from my OS drive which is an ssd. I have a Windows 10 recovery drive on a usb memory drive, so I reinitialised Windows 10 64 bit from that. Installed all windows updates since this snapshot and installed all pc drivers I have with the 24.8.1 Radeon driver again. The computer was stable through the 5-6 hours that this restore took and then 8 hours of general desktop use the following day (but I didn't game on these two days). Yesterday evening I tried launching star wars battlefront 2 (from 2017) over steam which I have been playing for the last month. Got to the game menu ok but when I chose to continue the single player campaign it started to load but crashed (blue screen of death - machine_check_exception)before it was able to show the graphics of the new mission I was starting. The computer generated the windows error memory dump and then restarted. It then booted into Windows 10 ok. I thought I would try to troubleshoot further so I ran some 3d benchmarks to further test stability. Directx 11 benchmarks Heaven and Valley ran stable for the three minutes I ran each of them and on the latest 3dmark I ran the Timespy DirectX 12 benchmark without issue. Does anyone know what's going on here, my feeling is that it could be the 24.8.1 and possibly 24.7.1 Radeon drivers that are causing this issue. What are people's thoughts on this please?

0 Likes
0 Replies