cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Samsung declined my warranty

hi,
i bought a Samsung Odyssey G3 monitor(Samsung odyssey g3 monitor release date is june 2021) 1 year ago. now it's not working so I approached the Samsung service center and they are saying that I need to use a 7-year-old AMD GPU to get 144 Hz. My monitor supports freesync premium that i know last 1 year I have been using NVIDIA 3060ti with a 144Hz refresh rate but now they are not accepting. from their point of view, my graphics card is the wrong graphics card. is that true I need to use the old GPU for a new 2021 released Monitor.

is that true 3060ti decent support 144hz in Samsung Odyssey G3 monitor?

The Samsung manual specified some GPS for free sync support and is there is any relation between free sync and refresh rate. because they mentioned freesync-supported graphics cards.
Kindly help me to solve this issue
0 Likes
3 Replies
Koyote7667
Challenger

Odd. You can put a 500hz monitor on any rig/gpu.   You can put a playstation one, on a 240hz monitor, if you want.  Maybe you arent understanding what they are saying, or they didnt understand you. Show us the email you sent them, and their reply. 

(using a 7900xtx, and a 6800xt on 2 samsung G7 240hz monitors just fine, basically the same release date)

Something isnt adding up here. 

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

If it is a Freesync only monitor,you will need an AMD card,Nvidia is a Gsync Card,That could be what they are talking about.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

Much of your post does not make sense. NVidia has supported VRR (aka gsync compatible) via Display port since 2019, then there is VRR over hdmi 2.1 for rtx 30 series and above. It does not support amd specific freesync over hdmi because it is proprietary

The G3 is a budget monitor and does not support hdmi 2.1.

Use the DP port for gsync compatibility on this monitor.

0 Likes