cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

bogru
Journeyman III

RX 7600 XT instantly freezes any program that uses it

I recently bought a brand new all AMD pc. The motherboard is an ASUS TUF Gaming A620M PLUS WIFI and the CPU a Ryzen 5 7600x powered by a 650w power supply. When I try to open any app that uses the GPU I have near instantaneous freezes happening, sometimes accompanied by black screens and a couple times I have had to Norwegian-reset my system. I have installed and reinstalled Windows 11 and updated everything, updated BIOS, updated the chipset drivers, cleaned the old graphics drivers using DDU (in safe mode) and installed new ones multiple times, however the problem is still there. I have tried multiple different drivers from this year (25.5.1, 24.7.1 and 24.8.1) to no avail. Is there a chance that my card is just bad from the factory? To be clear I have never been able to get the GPU to do even simple things like browsing the web, everything just crashes instantly, it does not work at all. Below is a screenshot from Adrenaline so there is clearly some kind of life in it, unfortunately it just kills any program it touches. 

bogru_1-1725206403946.png

Thank you for any help and suggestions, writing here cause I'm at my wits and and I simply don't know what to do. 

0 Likes
0 Replies