cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

alexs28
Journeyman III

RX 5600XT black screens and issues

I upgraded my PC gpu yesterday to an RX5600XT, and it's been giving me a lot of grief. The issue I have is that playing video files or playing games in full screen mode causes this black flickering you can see here:

Dropbox - VID_20200513_164033832.mp4 - Simplify your life 

The music continues in the background so the game is still running - just the image goes.

I made sure to remove my old drivers (which were also amd), and have re installed the drivers several times. This appears to fix the issue, but it always comes back after a short period of time. This isn't the only issues I've been having either. I've also been getting the screen going completely black and freezing my computer when loading something in a game. The only way for me to get out of this is to switch off my PC using the power button. It's such a shame as the card looks and runs great with my new freesync monitor.... when it actually decides to work  

My specs are: 

black hawk gmaster gb2530hsu monitor

i7 9700k

RX5600xt Red dragon

gigabyte z390UD motherboad

32gb corsair vengence ram 

Corsair TX650M psu

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'd love to get this card working because as I said it's great when it really works, although I am strongly considering returning the card and getting a Nvidia one instead if I cannot sort this.

0 Likes
0 Replies