cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

quique3716
Journeyman III

Problems with the RX570-O4G

Hi all. 10 days ago I bought a new graphics card (EX-RX570-O4G) from a reseller in the Netherlands. It was brand-new, the original box had never been opened. I installed it, updated all drivers from the card, all windows updates, and for 10 days it perfectly worked. Neither the graphics card nor any other PC component was overclocked or modified in any way, and the temperatures always stayed below 60ºC. While gaming, after those 10 days the graphic card has suddenly stopped working and upon restart, it was impossible to get any signal out of the card. The motherboard led indicator got stuck on "VGA". The two led lights on the graphic card turn on, indicating the power comes in.
I took out the card and installed an old graphics card, and the computer worked completely normal, ruling out it could be another component's fault.
However, the computer does not detect the RX570 card, not even on the BIOS menu, and it is now not listed on the device manager (to get an image, I have plugged both the defective card and the old card in separate PCI slots). I have tried clearing the CMOS, plugging the card on the other PCI slot, connecting the card to another screen and nothing works. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and still nothing.
Any idea what else can be done? It's really frustrating that after just 10 days of use, having done nothing wrong to a brand-new card, it just dies and there is nothing I can do

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 20H2, 19042.867 / BIOS 7C37vHD1
Msi 7C37-003R X570-A Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 16Gb (2X8Gb) Ddr4 3000Mhz C16 Xmp 2.0
WD Blue SN550 1 TB NVMe SSD, Gen3 x4 PCIe, M.2 2280, 3D NAND
Cooler Master Mwe White-V2 650W

0 Likes
0 Replies