cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

Regulus22
Journeyman III

New RX 7800 XT wont connect to HTC Vive

As the title says I just upgraded to a new RX 8700 XT and no matter what I try it will not connect to my original HTC Vive headset. Id rather not return it for a replacement or a GeForce card but I'm out of ideas.

I reinstalled the drivers multiple times while uninstalling them first, messed with every setting in the VR options on Steam, even wasted money on an HDMI to DPort adaptor to see if it was the HDMI slot that was having issues. Nothing works and Steam continues to say Headset display disconnected. Its not a new PC and I never had any issues with VR connectivity on my last AMD card.

1 Reply
paxton
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem. After plugging in a new 7800 graphics card, the HTC Vive doesn't work. The current solution is that I plugged my original card into the second slot on the motherboard to be able to use the HTC Vive. It seems to be a problem in the AMD SW where various settings can be made between AMD and Steam, but unfortunately nothing works. Will have to wait for a fix that will eliminate the following situation.