cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Graphics

AdamA1990
Adept I

amd rx 5700 xt high temps 92c , 93c need help !!

welcome all
I am a new member and I need help
I have a problem with the graphics card overheating, especially when I play Battlefield 2042
These are my device specifications

processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.79 GHz

installed Ram 16.0GB

Disk Drive : PNY CS2130 500GB SSD 

graphic card : amd rx 5700 xt 8GB ( Aorus) 

Display Information : HP W2072a 

Reasolution : 1990 * 900

Refresh Rate (HZ) 60.000 Hz

For the Desplay  is very old and modest 
Since I am currently unable to purchase a high-end gaming screen

I did not monitor the temperature, but a while ago I started monitoring the temperature of the graphics card Through Task manager 

when i started play Battlfield 2042 , In the beginning, the temperature is between 75 and 83 degrees Celsius
Then after an hour or so the temperature rises to 92 degrees !!

I think 92 degrees is too high and could lead to card problems !! 

For the graphics settings in the game It is on automatic option ( not high & not ultra juste auto or medium ) 

for the perfromance it's said Excellent !! 

Untitled.png

And the PC is clean and there is no virus or Trojan mining

The card has 3 cooling fans, and they work well without issuing any annoying sound 

The case has 4 cooling fans and they work well 

Even the game is good, and there have never been any problems, although the temperature is 92 degrees, but the game is smooth while playing
Is this a normal temperature or is there something wrong?
Please advise me and help me  with this problem

Thank you 

0 Likes
1 Solution
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, undervolting does not pose a risk to the card, normally it will help extending the life expectancy, less silicon degradation.

It will, sometimes decrease stability of the system, causing crashes. It can also decrease a couple of C° or more. 

To put your mind at ease, the RoG Strix RX480 ran undervolted and overclocked for 6 years and its still perfectly fine! 

You can however, use radeon chill to limit fps, with a 60hz screen and resolution below 1080p, you should have plenty of power on that 5700xt to keep it super playable. Having plus 200fps on a old 60hz monitor its a bit of a waste. This way the gpu wont work harder and temps will be moderate.

Good luck 

The Englishman

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

USE THE RYZEN BALANCED POWER PLAN its in the chipset folder in C:\AMD\drivers\chipset or somewhere there when unpack and install the ADRENALINE DRIVERS full install from the AMD website.. its actually faster than full performance while saving power. I've the largest heat sink on the market or probably close to it for a 5700xt.. powercolor red devil. if you've a reference or the cheapest ones its maybe quite a difference in temps but it sounds not too far off. It might just be that game also or you could have a virus or hadnt secured your OS correctly. many games and apps try and crypto mine in the background or whatever because why have their computer decrypt your passwords when they often dont have one and just use a throwitaway iphone gross.. they use your computer to steal your own passwords and break your own security and bank account or whatever. be careful crypto has zero equity no houses or land or gold or oil and isnt money.. its video game money without the video game. You if they accept crypt as payment they also accept chickens or goats as payment true fact as all of those things arent legal tender currency promisary notes of value of x amount issued by a government or the global banking system. they pretend crypto has value by stolen credit cards and fake identities investing in their own stonks and you see the up and down swings each week like farmers crops being storms break into their greenhouses controlled pest free farming hydroponics vertical stack environment ignore all the other crops in the shed and destroy the one type of crop nation wide every other weekend in a 60 year drought less rain each year on average so they take the rivers and split them into 50 smaller rivers in the desert continent and watch them evaporate and call it irrigation so their stonks spike sky high and sell for many dollars a strawberry whatever and ship grass from victoria to queensland because too many farmers not have grass. those up and down uhh temperature spikes and FPS mins and maxes.. watch out for those phonies. Consider secure erase zero the drives in bios and try reinstall from a CD or store bought USB windows or whatever.

90 used to be normal CPU temps and GPU were higher, but i'd check the card fans and lubricate them. air blast them with compressed air or whatever.. remember dont vacuum em. maybe some WD 40 or a less smelly similar lubricant. Ensure the heatsink doesnt have wiggle room if it does consider carefully following youtube guides removing it if possible to apply some thermal compount paste for better contact.. an affordable brand name one maybe cheaper than the arctic silver 2 like uhh was there a mastercase one? or was it coolermaster? one of those guys had one alright one called Dpaste or something maybe was a number 1000 or 500 or something.. update your OS and GPU drivers. if youre on older OS maybe give win 11 a try or move to windows insider.. do not use ryzen master. ensure you configure your bios and stuff correctly. and try with my config file see if it helps.. if it doesnt u can delete it.. if it works after about 5 minutes and you think it 'looks better' or 'sounds better' try copy more in i use a dozen lately phone and PC.. i've an LG V60 refurbished off ebay and a ryzen 5700G and radeon 5700XT. If your GPU has no load idle on desktop or a 'text' website.. do the fans zero RPM as intended? when gaming do they crank up higher? you maybe need to check the power pins to the GPU or consider check the bios fan settings and maybe reset adrenaline to factory settings or download and install newer adrenaline version.

https://anonfiles.com/dcWcObsfz2/bit_like_previous_rar

interestingly the gameplay will maybe feel smoother but might show lower fps.. it also might need you to configure all your adrenaline settings like toggle antilag and do the things beneath at the very bottom and 10bit panel output. i game in 12bit RGB 444 with adrenaline set to 10bit display panel output. 

genshin impact on mobile or PC.. looks about the same.. few FPS difference. all ultra or high as mobile allows. I DO turn off maybe vsync or motion blur. my GPU temp reports 59 at junction and 51 current temp the GPU UTIL is 82% highs often 15-30% for a bit tho.. or 66% ..GPU PWR goes 60Wish to 130watts in random nonsense spikes.  its not optimized at all for AMD i think its a nvidia game blargh. thats 1080p 120hz but i can game 4 games like that at once my config file when 'working properly' uses smartshift and SAM and other things which could get u about 16% utilization with the highest quality graphics. but i dont know the specific words or combos i had in previously had to reinstall and thought type it all back in be same but cant remember a bunch. lately i use worsd like valency.. my CPU voltage is 1.4. and my 

https://anonfiles.com/dcWcObsfz2/bit_like_previous_rar

it exapands to be a fair bit large.. for phone u'd wanna have an SD card. Oh yeah if the config file doesnt work 90% chance you didnt buy a computer.. computers can be assigned values and math or tell the OS/display driver what to do for resolution or whatever.. if your computer doesnt math.. your maths tool aint a math tool and you dont own a computer.. buy the AMD from AMD. if its sky high temps its maybe novideo or nointel fakes. those things are 2D or 2.5D like cheap digital alarm clocks.. all the parts of a computer but more cores dont add up and be better or faster just more delay like adding clocks adds time. maths dont exist its us assigning values so we can 'copy' something or understand it or record it or weight measure and assess.. maths is instant and infinite. intel and nvidia are not a computer it says so on the box RISC or Ray tracing.. means not math 1:1 universe.  heres some fischl i snapped while typing this earlier. sorry for external link the file size wont fit i captured windows DVR overlay win key alt and prntscrn

https://imgur.com/gallery/KRyKws6

Thank you for replying and communicating
As for my operating system, it is Windows 10 with the latest update, and I always make sure to make updates
The same thing with regard to the adrenaline program
For viruses related to mining, the computer is clean from these viruses, and I tracked all programs and applications in the background, all of them are clean applications

Regarding the graphics card options in the Adrenaline program, as it is from the factory and the driver, I always update it

I did not modify any option related to the graphics card (I mean options to reduce or increase energy consumption, fan options, etc.)
All options are as they are from the factory

And the games that I play did not have any problems related to the graphics card (such as the black screen problem, the game exiting, etc.)
The games I play are Battlefield 2042, Battlefield 4, and Red Dead Redemption 2
The temperature rose to 92 degrees while playing Battlefield 2042 only
For Red Dead Redemption 2, the temperature is between 58 and 63 ( graphic setting in midum & 1900 * 900 )

Battlefield 4 on the highest graphics settings, the temperature is between 55 and 60

Even the capabilities of the computer and graphics card are considered good for running the Battlefield 2042 game
With regard to cleaning the device, I always open the cas  and do an air rinse for the fans and others

Months ago I changed the cooling paste for the processor and the temperature of the processor is good (its temperature is stable before and after changing the cooling paste)

As for the graphics card, I did not change the cooling paste, and the reason is my fear that the card might malfunction while disassembling it or something else.

According to what I searched on the internet
I found that the maximum temperature of the card reaches 110 degrees Celsius, and that 92 degrees Celsius is considered normal, and that the card has a feature in the event that the temperature exceeds 100 degrees, the card works to gradually reduce the temperature as an advantage

But this temperature is not reassuring and not good (meaning with time it becomes dangerous and harmful to the life of the card)

I searched on YouTube for solutions to reduce the temperature and found one of the solutions, which is Undervolt ( But, frankly, I do not want to gamble and adjust the options, for I am afraid that something will happen to the card, or that I will make a mistake in the numbers that will ruin the card and cause problems.) 

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Hi, undervolting does not pose a risk to the card, normally it will help extending the life expectancy, less silicon degradation.

It will, sometimes decrease stability of the system, causing crashes. It can also decrease a couple of C° or more. 

To put your mind at ease, the RoG Strix RX480 ran undervolted and overclocked for 6 years and its still perfectly fine! 

You can however, use radeon chill to limit fps, with a 60hz screen and resolution below 1080p, you should have plenty of power on that 5700xt to keep it super playable. Having plus 200fps on a old 60hz monitor its a bit of a waste. This way the gpu wont work harder and temps will be moderate.

Good luck 

The Englishman

Hello, and thank you for this solution, which worked for me completely
i use radeon chill and try much time to limit fps and to get the best fps for middle performance  ( for default fps settings it's between 75 => 140 ) 

1st time i adjusted between 60 to 60 and temp = 53 c then raise up between 75 to 130 and temp =

Untitled11.pngUntitled22.png

this resault when  i play a litle time  for the test and the fps for battlefield 2042 is between 88 to 91 fps + put auto for the graphic settings in the game 

i was adjust much time the fps in chill settings and in the resolution of the game to get a middle performance temporary solution Until the right conditions exist to buy a gaming  screen 

and i was play it and the final  high temp is 84 c stable 

Untitled3.png

At least the temperature of the card has been reduced from 92 to 84
And I will try to work on adjusting the framerate settings that are suitable for playing and suitable for the graphics card temperature
Thank you for this solution, now the main problem is the old screen ( The screen is old and not suitable for the graphics card
I got 168 FPS for Battlefield 2042 with this card
Unfortunately, the screen is weak and unable to accommodate this frame
It's an old 60Hz screen ) 
I thought that the card had some kind of defect, although the card is clean and working and its three fans are running smoothly and without issuing disturbing sounds
I will soon try to buy a suitable gaming monitor
Thanks