cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

demiralos
Newcomer

World of Warcraft - Liquid Details halfs FPS (Shader issues?)

Hi,

Wanted to make a post about this.
Recent reddit threads and self research has been showing that when using "Liquid Details" on anything Good or higher takes a hit to the FPS in-game.

At first I thought it was just something about my setup, but talking with other people on reddit. It seems it's AMD related.
Everyone that I've talked to thus far that has been having issues with Liquid Details and FPS, have a complete AMD setup, CPU+GPU.

My own setup is a 5800X3D and a 6950 XT. Others have the same, and another one I spoke to had a 5700X3D and a 6700 XT.
But I suspect it might have something to do with how the water shaders work when set to "Good" or higher.
Fair and Low has no issues.

Just wanted to leave a post about this since it's a very niche issue. But perhaps there is something that could be checked by someone with more technical understandings of the engine, drivers etc and eliminate it.

Would love to hear from others here too who have a complete AMD setup, and how changing Liquid Details affects your FPS out in the world.
My FPS test was in the waterfalls next to the village that is East of Dornogal, overlooking the river flowing down towards the ocean.

Set to Good, I had about 100-110 FPS, and some drops down to 80-90.
Setting it to Fair or lower hikes it back up to 240 FPS which is the refresh limit of my monitor.

Thank you for reading. Hopefully others can chime in with their experience, testing and outcomes.

Regards, Demi

0 Likes
0 Replies