Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

BobaPhil
Journeyman III

Software crash after sleep

Hiya everyone, 

I have a Yoga 510 with an AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics card in it, the processor is an AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx.

The issue I get is, I have installed the latest software and everything is fine. The Radeon software launches and it's all good. If I turn off the computer, restart, again, all good. 

However, I have the laptop set to Sleep when I close the lid. When I do this and unlock the computer, all videos that might play on a website 'flash' the entire screen blank. The Radeon software says it's incompatible with my system. And if I leave YouTube open and listen to music, after an hour or so, the system tray has about 40 - 50 instances of the software running, which all disappear when I hover the mouse over them. 

When this happens, I have to uninstall the software, restart, reinstall it and it's all good again. I've had to do this about half a dozen times now. I have set the lid to shut down now, which is a pain, but I'm hoping it stops the issues with the Radeon software. I have reported it as a bug, but with no response. 

Please help! 

0 Likes
3 Replies
amdman
Challenger

The first thing to try, Use AMD Cleanup Utility or DDU in safe mode. Then reboot and install the latest drivers. If you already tried that look more into a hardware problem. Sorry I do not have much experience with laptops, if you have an integrated video look at those settings or maybe someone with more laptop experience can post.

0 Likes

I have tried all that and it still doesn't work. 

And a little up date, I have set the computer to shut down with the lid is closed, but that hasn't helped, the Radeon Software has still now crashed and I have to reinstall it. 

0 Likes

Can you contact the manufacturer ask them if they can help. Other things you can try, disable fast start, look for other similar problems with putting the computer to sleep people have fixed by searching the internet. I hope you can find a solution.

0 Likes