Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

user1231
Journeyman III

RX 7800 XT - atrocious input lag

Hi,

I've upgraded from RX 5700 XT to RX 7800 XT this month and I'm experiencing huge difference between input lag.
It's like playing with a heavy mouse, every mouse movement results in noticeable later picture response than before.

I only changed the GPU. This is rest of the PC:
ASUS B550-E Gaming, GSkill 2x16 GB dual rank DDR4 3466 MHz CL16-18-18-18-38 1.35V,
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB boot disk (Windows 10), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB gaming disk,
Seasonic Prime TX-850, Ryzen 5 5600X + Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420, Creative SoundBlaster PCIE sound card,
LG 23" 1920x1080 75 Hz monitor (no adjustments in settings made in several years), no free-sync.

What I tried and did not help:
- changed mouse;
- plugged mouse to different motherboard USB port;
- updated motheboard BIOS to latest (with latest AGESA patch)
- reinstalled GPU drivers (using DDU in safe mode) always to newest ones available
- checked Windows event viewer for errors, nothing hardware-related found.

Since I only changed the GPU recently and did not touch the rest of the stuff, I suppose this is a GPU (driver) related issue.
I've been playing Fallout 76 for a year in a row, haven't reinstalled the game as there was no reason.
Also, I suppose this is not related only to games, the delay in cursor movement on the screen is noticeable also in Windows.
I use display driver only and not Radeon suite and haven't been using the suite also with RX 5700 XT.

Any ideas on what to try next? Reinstall drivers with older version?

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bmsix_
Journeyman III

hey,

i will not type the whole wall of text, but try doing these:

unistall and install the drivers, since you replaced the gpu and used the same storage where the 5700 was installed,

enable the anti lag in amd software - dont use in multiplayer games with anticheat - like csgo2

you may used something wrong in your monitor settings

install older driver versions

you may used the incorrect or non optimized settings in game

your monitor might be set to 60hz

may its your pc parts

hope this helps

0 Likes