cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Rrrims
Adept I

RX 6700 black screen, flickering and tearing

I'm having problems with my graphics card  I'm having black screens, tearing, and in some cases, it happened that I was flickering with BSOD. I don't know why this is happening... I have reinstalled the drivers with DDU, formated and reinstalled windows, but I always run with the same problems (a side of the flickering). This happens typically on genshin when I'm on the entry of the domain "Momiji-Dyed Court" like so, (on the moment I took the print screen I had a black screen):

Rrrims_0-1678048051531.png

System specs:

Monitor: ozone dps 27 ips 2k

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900x

Graphics card:  XFX SWIFT 309 RX 6700

Motherboard: ATX Gigabyte x670 gaming x ax (amd5)

RAM: 32gb g. skill trident z5 rgb 5200mhz

PSU: Nox hummer x 1000w 80plus gold full modular

Tower: atx sharkoon tg5 pro rgb

Cooler: masterliquid ml240l v2 rgb

Storage:

M.2 2280 Corsair Force Series MP510b

SSD 2.5" Crucial BX500 2TB 3D TLC SATA

0 Likes
9 Replies
jsk68
Challenger

are you asking about turning free-sync off or on and putting the energy settings at max performance, then yes I did try

0 Likes

No I'm talking about windows Multiplane overlay, the link has a download from Nvidia to disable and enable it.

It's known to cause flickering and black/grey screens.

Worth a shot it's easy to check and reset if it doesn't help.

0 Likes

It kinda seems that it helped out a bit I guess, but it's still happening. Also sometimes it seems that a appears like a big chunk of the monitor get's green it appears just for 0.001 seconds and disappears it’s like a gigantic green row horizontally.

0 Likes

I wonder if reinstalling the drivers with that disabled would make a difference? Sorry i'm not more help but I have never had this issue.

0 Likes

After doing what you said I needed to restart the PC and that seems to have helped me a lot! On genshin it doesn't seem to happen anymore and even tho on other games. So now it's even rare to happen. But the other day, I had installed Fall Guys and the tearing and the black screen started to happen again... But the next day when I opened the game again (that also means the 2nd time I have opened it) and started playing it the times that I saw the tearing and the black screen were rarer.

By the way, I also change my drivers to version 22.11.2, since some people reported that were having issues with the new one.

0 Likes
Rrrims
Adept I

I don't know why but if I play Sons of the forest, I don't have any problem everything it's smooth, just one or two times I got a black screen for 1 sec but nothing else

to me, it possibly sounds like a bad cable.  order you a nice cable, and see if it doesnt get any better.  also open your amd software while your gaming and watch your junction temps and see what they look like and let us know.

v/r 

v/r
Louis Imbrogno
Linux Administrator/Application administrator
Dpt. of Army Civilian, former ET NAV submarines U.S. Navy.
0 Likes

Hello again, sorry to just replay now. Everything seems normal on the witcher 3 I never had problems as far as I can tell related to the drivers/software.

a.png

The problems seem to have decreased a lot, for now, just sometimes I have some tearings.
This doesn't look usual, but a little few times my screen freezes and then the monitor turns black and says without signal.

0 Likes