cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Anon5071
Journeyman III

Random black screens on MSI Bravo 15 A4DDR with RX5500M and Ryzen 7 4800H

Random black screens on RX 5500M + Ryzen 7 4800H, this issue started occurring when I upgraded to Windows 11,
I am on windows 11 22H2. Every couple of hours the screen goes black and the audio if playing also stops, there is no way to fix it other than by holding the power button for 10 seconds and doing a hard reboot.
This issue also occurs even on a clean install of Windows 11 22H2, Memtest86 is fine with 0 errors and Windows memory diagnostic also shows no errors.

I am using AMD Adrenalin 22.11.1 but it also happens on 22.5.xx.

Please fix this issue ASAP as I have tried everything possible, but it doesn't get fixed and causes data loss every time it happens.

0 Likes
3 Replies

I don't see your OEM AMD APU Processor as being listed under AMD Download page. Only the Ryzen 7 4700U version.

Beside it is best to use MSI own OEM AMD Driver for your laptop since it is 100% compatible. Also when you have a laptop with both a AMD IGPU & Discrete GPU you need to download the APU IGPU Driver which automatically installs both IGPU and DGPU drivers in your laptop.

EDIT: Went to your MSI Support download page for your laptop. It mentions to get your AMD Driver from the Microsoft Store.

Plus the last BIOS update is from 2020:

BIOSE16WKAMS.1102020-11-186.24 MB

I cannot install the Microsoft store driver it shows some error , also I have the latest BIOS update installed
Screenshot 2022-11-22 195222.png

0 Likes

This tech site that give good troubleshooting tip has several tips to fix that error you received from the Microsoft Store while trying to install the AMD driver: https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-windows-store-error-0x803fb005/

Apply those tips that are applicable to your case. Don't download or use their own recommended app to repair your PC but the info is still valid.

This Microsoft Forum Volunteer Moderator gives several useful tips on how to fix the error. Many are the same from the other tech site link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-download-in-windows-store-code-0x803fb0...

0 Likes