cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

alex_sisk
Journeyman III

Radeonsoftware.exe Repeatedly Enabling Windows Proxy Server

I have been having trouble with my e-mail client, Ubisoft Connect, Steam, and others for days. I was able to trace it back to the Windows 11 Proxy Server (Settings---->Network & Internet----->Use a Proxy Server----->Set Up----->Toggle on) as turning this off allowed these programs around 30 seconds of functionality. (Because the setting reverted every time I turned it off.)

I discovered the toggle is controlled by HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ProxyEnable

Long story short, I spent hours trying to figure out what kept re-enabling the proxy setting. And it came back to an AMD executable "Radeonsoftware.exe" aka Adrenalin.

I have AMD Link disabled, I have data sharing with AMD disabled, I don't stream, I don't have it connected to SteamVR.

Can anyone help me understand what I need to do, and why this would happen so suddenly? I think it even had an effect on Adrenalin itself, because when I went to install the most recent update the other day, Adrenalin failed to reach out - I had to manually download it from AMD.com.

I'm hoping not to take the seemingly drastic step of disallowing the software permission to write to the parent registry key.

**BTW, I'm running a 7900 XTX with Adrenalin 23.4.1**

Thanks, Alex

RegProxy.jpg

Proxy.jpg

0 Likes
1 Reply
alex_sisk
Journeyman III

Since I never heard from anyone, I'm not sure how to get software support on this $1000 product I just purchased. The board partner isn't likely to have support that would easily answer this kind of question. Nonetheless, in case anyone else comes across this having the same issue, I had to disable permission for Radeonsoftware.exe to interface with the Internet Settings registry key shown above in the screenshots for my username.

I have access to the Administrator account on the PC, so if I need to reverse it, no big deal. In the past 10 or so days, this permission change hasn't caused any issues.

0 Likes