Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

FrancoHta
Journeyman III

Problem with amdgpio3

Problem Description:

I am experiencing an error related to the amdgpio3.sys file, which is causing a blue screen with the error code DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (0x000000c4) on my system. This occurs specifically with the amdgpio3.sys driver located at amdgpio3.sys+146a.

Additionally, in the Device Manager, there is a message indicating that the device ACPI\AMDIF030\0 requires further installation, with the associated error code being Code 28 ("The drivers for this device are not installed"). I have attempted to update the drivers through Windows and manually from the AMD website, but the issue remains unresolved. The system states that "no compatible drivers are available for this device."

Steps Taken to Resolve the Issue:

1. I attempted to manually update the driver from Device Manager.
  2. I downloaded the chipset drivers from the AMD support page.
  3. I used the AMD automatic detection tool without success.
  4. I performed Windows updates, but the problem persists.

I am seeking assistance to resolve this issue with the amdgpio3.sys driver and the ACPI\AMDIF030\0 device, as it is affecting system stability, and I have been unable to find a suitable solution.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Desktop/laptop/handheld?

What processor/motherboard model?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes