Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

mandrague
Adept I

No option freesync in Adrenaline software

Hello guys

I just bought a new display LG 27GP850-B ( freesync compatible and activated on my monitor) but i can't enable freesync option in amd sotfware because this option dont appear in my grpahic option.

I have a 6950 XT

Thx a lot for helpingamd free.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution
mandrague
Adept I

Well thx all of us i found a solution who is working on an reddit forum.

I relaunch ccc.exe in the amd driver folder and the option now appear in my radeon software setting and i can use the freesync option !

everything works fine now.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
16 Replies

According to this AMD Support to enable Freesync it is under "Display" in Radeon Settings and shows you how to set up your monitor and Radeon Settings to enable Freesync: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh2-013

NOTE: I guess Display is the same as Graphismis in your image.

0 Likes
mandrague
Adept I

Exactly i don't have this option in my adrenaline software and i don't understand why

0 Likes

In your image I notice that you have Radeon Enhanced Sync "Disabled" I believe that is another name for Freesync:

Screenshot 2023-02-13 103448.png

The second setting seems to also have something to do with Freesync but I don't understand it since it seems to be in the French language.

Enable Radeon Enhanced Sync and now see if Freesync is activated on your Monitor.

If not then read the link to AMD Support to make sure you have both your monitor and Radeon Settings configured correctly.

There is one setting that you need to disable for Freesync to work. The link will tell which setting it is.

0 Likes

I think enhanced sync is completely different than freesync.

I would expect the freesync option to be under the Display tab, which I do not see.

0 Likes

Sorry you are correct but Enhance Sync works with FreeSync.

Also if you have your Monitor connected through a Adapter that would prevent Freesync from working. Like a DP>HDMI adapter as an example.

How is your monitor connected to your GPU card?

Here is AMD Suppor FAQ about Freesync: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/free-sync-faq

Found this image of where Freesync is located in the Radeon Settings. It is under Settings - Display rather than in Gaming (Jeux):

It doesn't look like the same menu you are looking at.

0 Likes

In my case it was problem with bios 2days ago after the crash of drivers via overclocking the gpu and giving it a hell. I had to set bios for freesync again manualy, repair drivers and then it worked again.

You mentioned that your Motherboard BIOS has a Freesync setting?

I wasn't aware that a Motherboard's BIOS would have such a setting unless you are talking about the GPU's vBIOS.

0 Likes
mandrague
Adept I

Enhance Sync is not  the same option than freesync.

My monitor is connected with a displayport in version 1,4 et the freesync is activated in the settings of my monitor.

The issues remain the same i dont have de display panel in my adrenaline software and i don't have the the freesync option. In game menu or graphic menu or audio video menu.

I tried a ddu uninstall, and clean re install the adrenaline software but don't fixed my problem unfortunately.

0 Likes

BUG AMD.jpg

As you can see no display option

Thanks for the update.

Someone else will need to help you since I don't use Radeon Settings.

But it seems like something is either not configured correctly in your Monitor Settings or Radeon Settings that is preventing that option from being shown.

You mentioned you are using a Display Port  cable to connect your Monitor correct?

One other thing you could do is connect your Monitor to a different Video Output from your GPU card. With DP or HDMI and see if Freesync appears.

Anyways, at the moment, I don't have any other advice to offer.

You can always open a AMD SUPPORT Ticket and see what they say: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

EDIT: It could be a AMD Bug in Radeon Settings or maybe if it sees a Monitor that doesn't support Freesync that option is then hidden.

I have seen Radeon Settings images showing Freesync disabled due to not being supported but not hidden from sight.

0 Likes

Let me know if the AMD SUPPORT form pops up from the link I gave you. For some reason on my PC no form is showing anymore like before to fill out a Support Ticket:

I disabled temporarily my VPN and my Browser Webpage Security extensions but those weren't the cause.

0 Likes

Thx for your response.

I have tried other display port and hdmi cable but it change nothing. I have tried another output from my gpu but nothing change to.

My monitor support amd freesync and the option are already activated in the monitor section menu.

0 Likes

I mentioned that you are correct about Enhanced Sync not the same as Freesync., What I said afterwards was that Enhanced Sync worked WITH Freesync.

I was thinking of Variable Adaptive Sync which is the same as Freesync:

AMD FreeSync is no different from VESA Adaptive Sync. It utilizes VESA's royalty-free technology to sync the refresh rate to the FPS.
0 Likes
Skrybe
Challenger

Do you have a friend you could do some testing with? If you know someone with a freesync capable video card then try your monitor on their setup. It's also possible that there is something at fault in the monitor rather than the video card or AMD drivers.

A couple other thoughts, what is it's refresh rate set to in Windows Advanced Display Settings? Might need to set that to 165 (or whatever the max value is). Also is it set to use HDR in Windows display settings? If so maybe try turning that off and see if Freesync becomes available. I saw one monitor where for whatever reason freesync could not be enabled while HDR was on.

mandrague
Adept I

Well thx all of us i found a solution who is working on an reddit forum.

I relaunch ccc.exe in the amd driver folder and the option now appear in my radeon software setting and i can use the freesync option !

everything works fine now.

0 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem where the Radeon software doesn’t show AMD Freesync option. Could you tell me where in the driver folder you found the CCC.exe? I couldn’t find it.

0 Likes