cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Legion 7 gen 7 AMD Advantage issue

So, I have a Legion 7 gen 7 laptop (AMD Advantage Ryzen 9 6900HX, RX 6850m XT see https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/legion-laptops/legion-7-series/legion-7-gen-7-(16-inch-amd)/8... 

The problem I'm having is two fold; 1) the Radeon Adrenalin software is totally locked down, I can't even update the driver or software from in the Adrenalin software and I have to manually download and update it as drivers come out. 2) The discrete graphics and the APU graphics randomly switch on occasion, causing my screen to go black. Using the Ctrl+Alt+Win+B trick only works every fourth or fifth time. Lenovo's support seems to be filled with idiots, and because the Bios and AMD software is so locked down that I can't change necessary settings to fix the issue. What's worse is this is a known problem, apparently, on all of the Lenovo series laptops and Lenovo won't even acknowledge the problem exists. 

Does anybody know of a way to get an unlocked version of the Adrenalin software so I can turn off the APU GPU?

0 Likes
0 Replies