cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

oncsy
Journeyman III

Game profiles do not work.

Game profiles tunigs do not work. All of the games run as a standard with global profile even if a create a dedicated profile  for the game and run the game from that profile. It is always runing with global profile and global tuning setups.

0 Likes
9 Replies

i noticed that too

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

AMD driver implements the game profiles with the file on the path

"C:\Users\{UserName}\AppData\Local\ATI\ACE\APL\User.blb"

if no major changes have been made with the new drivers.

In other words, it may be necessary to look at the existence and modification dates of the file on this path. Is Radeon Software not creating this file properly? Is the Radeon driver not applying this file?

The file has the modification date when the driver was installed and it has not been modifed yet according to the log of the file. However I have created new profiles but it date of the file did not changed.

What do you suggest?

0 Likes

I understand that Radeon Software does not edit this file properly... So... You can try an old driver.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 
With this link you can send a notification to AMD. Also...
With DDU, you can uninstall the GPU driver and then install only a display driver for latest with Windows Device Manager. And then you can try to install an old driver's Radeon Software with insiding AMD driver file (with using 7-Zip software). Radeon Software setup file is "ccc2_install.exe".
These are the things that come to my mind. 

merrynova
Journeyman III

same here dunno if its a bug or what but profiles doesn't work at all not when launching the game or when you try to load it after the game its open they didn't do anything you have to use the global as oncsy pointed out.

0 Likes

clean windows install, bug is confirmed

0 Likes

Very disappointing to note have a solution to this problem.....

0 Likes

I have the same issue...on Win7....RX580. This bug showed up a few months ago, with the work-around being to enable 'Histogram' and reboot the computer. As far as I can tell, that option is gone with the 2020 drivers. I reinstalled version 20.1.3 and had the same result. Please send a report to AMD https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes

oncsy wrote:

Very disappointing to note have a solution to this problem.....

I tweeted it to AMD earlier and hopefully the bug gets some attention

0 Likes