cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

FluffyPancakes1
Journeyman III

Driver "not updating"

So for why I am here, my Oculus Rift S has not been working, and I have reached out to them multiple times. They came to the conclusion that my " AMD Radeon RX550/550 Series' " driver is not up to date. I keep using the update tool, but they keep saying that the driver still hasn't updated. I was wondering if I could have help with installing the new driver software, as it seems that I may not be doing it properly. I have had a look at instructions, but it still doesn't work. If anyone knows why this is happening, or how to properly update the driver, please let me know! Thanks!

(My driver version: 30.0.13025.5005)

(My Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX550/550 Series)

0 Likes
3 Replies

Manually download the latest RX550 AMD driver for either Windows 10 or 11: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-550

Download the full AMD Driver pacakge and DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and delete if created AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD

Run DDU with the internet/Wifi disconnected. When it boots back into Windows Desktop now run the full AMD Driver package.

If it installs successfully again delete C:\AMD installation folder.

Sorry to bother you, but I am not sure what you mean by

Download the full AMD Driver pacakge and DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and delete if created AMD Installation folder at C:\AMD

Run DDU with the internet/Wifi disconnected. When it boots back into Windows Desktop now run the full AMD Driver package.

If it installs successfully again delete C:\AMD installation folder.

0 Likes

Click on the link that I posted in my previous reply  and download the correct AMD Driver for the Windows version you have installed and save it.

Download DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) from here - Wagnardsoft DDU Download  and run it AFTER deleting the AMD Folder located at C:\ Root directory. Every time you run a AMD driver package it creates an Installation folder at C:\AMD.

When you run DDU program you must have the Internet/WiFi disconnected to prevent Windows from installing a different AMD driver.

Now run the downloaded AMD Driver and see if it installs successfully and you have no more errors.

If it does, reconnect the Internet/WiFi and again delete C:\AMD installation folder if created.

0 Likes