cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

MohamedGG
Journeyman III

Driver Issues with RX 470 going on for a long while now

I know the RX 470 is a hell of an old GPU model but some of us don't have buying a new GPU as a priority, i only play games after work to lighten myself up a bit... the point is all drivers from 24.1.1 till 24.7.1 has crashing issues in many games but most noticeable and most prominent one is in THE LAST OF US PART 1 i really love the game but it crashes way too much i can't play it. when i start a new game it works fine without crashes till chapter "alone and forsaken" then starts to crash horrendously i know and am positive it's a driver-related issue because I've already played the game around 8 months ago and it didn't have any crashing issues, You'd say it could be the game's issue "version 1.1.3.1" but no i rolled back to driver 23.11.1 and it works on said Game version BUT significantly reduces performance by 5-10 FPS compared to version "24.7.1". so please address this issue I've already reported it multiple times after trying everything on my end I'm certain my pc is not the issue I've checked every component and they're all OK i even reinstalled Windows i did everything i can possibly do to make it work but nothing worked out that just leaves it to that. I was hopeful that driver 24.8.1 would be available for my GPU and fix this issues but AMD did not release the driver for The RX 400 series or anything older than RX 5300, they also removed driver 24.7.1 leaving me with V24.3.1 which just as broken if not worse

PC SPECS

RX 470 8GB

I7 8700K

32GB DDR4 Ram

If anyone have the same issue kindly share your experience in the comment so they'd hopefully address it.

0 Likes
0 Replies