cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

jun1051
Journeyman III

Dell Precision 7510 freezes on gpu driver installation.

hey guys please help me. my precision 7510 is freezing on GPU driver installation. the GPU model I have for this machine is FirePro w5170m, by far I have tried reinstalling windows, updating all the intel drivers, updating the integrated graphics drivers, tried fixes through CMD, tried disabling hybrid graphics mode, and tried the solution that is listed on this forum: Solved: No decent GPU driver available for M2800 - Page 3 - Dell Community, but none of it works, the laptop would freezes instantly when the installation process goes pass half way, is there any solution toward this problem?

0 Likes
3 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

I would first try and check with the Service Tag on dell support page if they have display drivers&software for your Precision.

But normally you can install the Radeon Pro version smoothly.

Are you using these?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/professional-graphics/mobile-platforms/firepro-mobil...

You can also try an older version just for troubleshooting.

The Englishman
0 Likes

i have already tried the driver provided by dell, but just like the driver provided by amd, it would freeze the laptop instantly when the process goes about half way.

0 Likes

Hi,

I have the same issue with my Precision 7510.

The Intel integrated graphics 530 is correctly installed with latest driver version.

When I install the Amd W5170M driver, win10 freeze.

I already try to reinstall win10 last version, uefi update, ... but nothing solved this problem.

Now I disabled the Amd card, by Device Manager and Precision uses the integrated 530 graphics!

Please, does exist any solution?

Many thanks for any support.  Regards.

Devis

0 Likes