cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

_nl_ben
Adept II

Both the Windows drivers and Linux AMDGPU drivers cause issues with Cyberpunk 2077

KERNEL: 6.5.0-28-generic
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT (navi23, LLVM 15.0.7, DRM 3.54, 6.5.0-28-generic)
GPU DRIVER: 4.6 Mesa 23.2.1-1ubuntu3.1~22.04.2
RAM: 16 GB

I ran Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and Cyberpunk on there ran mostly fine. One strange issue though - I gained a lot of buffer overflow problems according to the DxDiag during the launch sequence of it (the intro after you launch the game). CDPR switched around some stuff but it kept happening (ever since 2.1).

I've deleted my Windows partition recently (because the only Windows-only games I had to play were some EA- and Ubisoft titles, and screw them), and I installed Cyberpunk 2077 on my Ubuntu 22.04 LTS partition (ext4). The launch went exceptionally fine, but for some reason during gaming the computer tends to be a bit unstable. I'm still not sure why, because on Windows it didn't happen like that. This is something I believe related to the 5850X3D, but as I said - I'm not sure why. When I replaced my 3600 with the 5850X3D everything was installed correctly and the temperatures are just fine.

I believe this possibly can be related to the drivers/chipset, but it shouldn't.
0 Likes
2 Replies
_nl_ben
Adept II

Addendum - Ubuntu 22.04 LTS seems more stable once I uncommented the Wayland line in custom.conf (in GDM3) and forced to switch to Xorg.

Edit: Scratch that. Shortly after I launched Cyberpunk 2077 and opened an ingame computer to read the mail on there the game froze up and crashed my computer.

0 Likes
_nl_ben
Adept II

Found the problem in regards to Linux - the AMDGPU drivers for some reason hate at least Cyberpunk's implementation of raytracing. Not sure why and how.

0 Likes