cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Maui777
Journeyman III

Asus Armoury Crate GPU Extreme Power Saving Mode

Hello guys, I need your help. I had this issue when I updated my AMD Adrenalin yesterday. I saw the gpu stats on my Armoury Crate that it's on extreme power saving mode. AC doesn't recognize my gpu. However, the gpu is still visible on device manager, dxdiag and AMD Adrenalin. SAM is still working fine, But I'm afraid that the fans might not work optimally while gaming because it's on extreme power saving mode. How can I fix this? please help. 

Things I tried doing but didn't work:

1. Disabling and Enabling GPU on Device Manager.

2. Uninstalled Adrenalin via DDU and reinstalling to previous driver version. (Roll back)

3. Uninstalled and Reinstalled Asus Armoury Crate

4. Switching GPU modes from Armoury Crate

0 Likes
11 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Uninstall Armory Crate

Make sure your motherboards' BIOS is up to date (or laptop IF that is what you are running)

Make sure you have the latest chipset drivers installed for your platform from either AMD or Intel websites

IF this is a prebuild or laptop (or just some setup that is new to you) .. always best to do a clean install of whatever OS and wipe all drives on your boot drive during the process and then install just those programs you are actually going to use and stay away from driver updaters .. Armory Crate and similar "stuff'

ThreeDee PC specs
Funky1
Journeyman III

hi did you figure out a solution, i have the exact same problem

0 Likes

Ah! Armoury Crate, my old friend.

That happened to me.

There are two ways:

Try the short one first. Power Cycle the whole system.

Switch off the PSU button for a good 5 minute and take out the GPU, re-seat and update the GPU assets on Armoury Crate.

The other:

Use Armoury Crate uninstaller that completely removes all the trash. You can DDU the display driver but I didn't had to, i just updated it through Adrenalin. Power Cycle as written above and update display driver plus install Armoury Crate complete package, select your devices as you go.

That was what I did, hope it works for you. Sometimes Armoury Crate goes crazy and do this for a lot of devices, not just the GPU. However and to be fair, Haven't had an issue with Armoury Crate for sometime now....

[getting scared]

Good Luck

The Englishman
0 Likes

Hi I have a 2022 Asus rog zephyrus g14, im not sure if i can remove the graphics card but ill try uninstalling and reinstalling armory crate

0 Likes

A laptop....

Then forget my troubleshooting. Check the RoG community for more help.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes
Voldemort
Adept I

and your record n stream options does not work ?

0 Likes

Reinstalling Armoury Crate after uninstalling it does not solve the problem. It seems it won't be fixed until an update is released by Asus and AMD.

0 Likes

I uninstalled the Adrenalin Software Edition and Armoury Crate software. I tried various methods, such as reverting to version 24.3, but this led to even more issues, such as the disappearance of CPU overclocking in the tuning section. Finally, the solution to my problem was as follows: I installed the Adrenalin Software Edition version 23.11.1 and then installed Armoury Crate using the 3.2.11.2 installer tool. I didn't apply any updates, and this method resolved my issues.

my solutionmy solution

0 Likes

Hi what do you mean by using the Armoury crate installer tool?

0 Likes

I ended up installed the armoury crate version and the amd software but still nothing is there another solution?

0 Likes

"Update the AMD software and Armoury Crate software to resolve the issue. A new update for GPU power save has been released in Armoury Crate

0 Likes