cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Sayushi
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenaline deinstalling itself

Hey! I have built a PC about 2 months ago with a Ryzen 5 7500F and a Radeon RX 7900 GRE.
Recently, Adrenaline has begun deinstalling itself literally every 10 minutes which makes my PC borderline unusable. This seemingly happens when the graphics card is under any sort of stress (we are talking 20% or more…) and just uninstalls everything Adrenale related. This means the screen will just turn off and I have to start the lengthy process of force shutting my PC, reinstalling Adrenaline only to be at the same point 10 minutes later. To my knowledge, this happens because Windows just overwrites Adrenaline during Driver Checkups.

I have literally tried everything I could find online.

Editing the registry

Turning off Windows Updates and Driver Updates

DDU-blocking windows updates

Uninstalling every driver on my PC

Starting in Safe Mode

ETC.

and I am honestly at a loss. In its current state, I have an expensive box just sitting in my room on which I can watch youtube.
Is there anything I can do to fix this that I haven’t listed?

0 Likes
2 Replies
pootis
Journeyman III

Hello bro I will give you a few more ways that you can try to fix this issue.

1. Try downloading older drivers. The newest AMD drivers sometimes bug a lot so it might be a good idea to install older drivers which are more stable.

2. Maybe your RAM is the problem. Sometimes new built PCs have their RAM setup on the wrong frequency. For example, my RAM is 3200 MHz but the speed at which it was running was 2666 MHz. To fix this you should set the RAM speed to speed on which it is supposed to be. You can check that by looking on the RAM sticks themselves or by using programs that can help you with that. You should also enable XMP/DOCP which will help you with RAM speed management. Tutorial on how to do that is here: How to enable XMP/DOCP

3. Your GPU is maybe overclocked. Go to Adrenalin Software then go to Performance tab and then click on Tuning. Then select Custom tuning option. Scroll down and enable GPU tuning and then set your max frequency to -10%. Then go to VRAM tuning and enable it as well and lower your max frequency a bit. Mine was on 1750 MHz so I lowered it to 1600 MHz. Then save the changes.

4. Monitor can be a problem as well. This is the one thing that actually solved my issue with this. I used an old monitor that didn't even have an HDMI port, so I had to use an adapter. This probably could not work with my new RX 580 GPU, so it kept shutting off and uninstalling my drivers as well as resetting my custom tuning setting to default every time. So I got a monitor that has an HDMI port and so far, the problem seems to be solved.

I hope one of these solutions will help you. I know your feeling of having an expensive PC that can't run a single game as it is intended. If none of these solutions work, you should probably seek professional help from a person that understands software more than your average forum guy. God bless!

0 Likes
Sayushi
Journeyman III

Hey! Thank you for the reply.

As of now, the system is running somewhat stable, but I still appreciate the answers, will surely use them when the system crashes next time...

As for the RAM, my RAM was seemingly underclocked (I think atleast)? The "VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5" should supposedly run an 6000 MT/s but ran with me on 4800 (if I am understanding Corsair correctly). I rectified this by turning on XMP but dont know if this does any difference in my problem. Right now Taskmanager is saying the RAM is running at a speed of 6000 MT/s but CPU-Z displays 3000MHz as the DRAM Freq.

The monitor is 100% not the problem as it is one of the newer ones and runs on DP - I doubt the problem stems from this (unless my second HDMI monitor is meddling with stuff).

Thank you again for the suggestions! I hope I dont need them anymore but somebody else will surely be helped by them at the very least!

0 Likes