Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

fjn
Journeyman III

AMD Adrenalin nowhere to be found after installing the lastest driver

Hey,

I build my new PC a few days ago and tried downloading the latest AMD driver right after setup. The install tool did launch and asked me for a clean install of the latest driver, which i did accept. After the installation and the restart the Adrenalin application seems to not be installed, nor can i find it in the files anywhere. I did try to install it again, install an older version and even use a DDU for a complete reinstall. I would like to adapt some settings, so I would appreciate any help.

Build:

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT

CPU: Intel Core i5 12600k

Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M Gaming X DDR4

RAM: G.SKill DDR4 2x8 gb

0 Likes
4 Replies

What OS version/edition, have a look in windows update history or reliability history monitor to see if MS installed its driver version.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Hey, im on the Windows 10 22H2 Version (KB4023057).

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Have you disabled the integrated graphics in the BIOS?

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
Denmer
Adept II

Had this issue the other day, seems some newer OEM version of the AMD drivers was added to windows and I had to update DDU to the latest version for it to properly remove them.

I would run DDU(out of date version) uninstall drivers, then load up windows and extract the driver install files, halfway through extracting windows would install the OEM drivers, at that point the AMD installer asks if I want to install a driver upgrade, ending up with no Adrenaline software after restart. Edit: For further information, running clean install through the AMD setup produces the same result.

If this is similar to your situation, get the latest version of DDU and try again, if not, try disabling the windows automatic driver install in DDU, it's the big button under the drop down menus on the right, this will stop windows from downloading drivers for all of your parts that need drivers though as a warning.

0 Likes