Journeyman III

All the drivers I install generate artifacts and crash

A week ago I built my computer with the following configurations:
win 11 home
ryzen 5 5600G
aorus elite b550m
1x 8g ram asgard loki 2400hz
Gamemax GS600, 600W, 80 Plus White

Everything worked perfectly until I tried to download the processor drivers. From then on the PC would freeze and artifacts would appear on the screen and I would have to restart it manually. This happens with it being on for less than 20 minutes even for simple tasks like watching videos on YouTube.

I used DDU to uninstall the driver and it left me on driver version 10.0.22621.1 with microsoft basic display adapter and are no problems with it, but even the game League of Legends doesn't go beyond 25 fps.

Things I tried to solve it:

resetting the BIOS didn't work
changing the slot where the memory was
recovering Windows completely didn't solve it
I installed older drivers like 22.10.2; 22.2.2; 21.10.2 and even a version of Windows 10 21.4.1 and they all had the same problem. I always used DDU before trying each one
I checked the health of the RAM and there was no problem.
I installed the correct motherboard chipset.

I ran sfc /scannow in cmd and there was no problem
I updated Windows
I checked the BIOS to see the memory frequency
In the adrenaline software I tried installing the driver only and it didn't work
The temperature was always ok
I checked the SSD health and it was ok
I disabled AMD's crash defender and it didn't work
I tried installing the driver through Windows Update and the same problem occurred

I don't know what to do anymore.

0 Likes
1 Reply
FunkZ
Grandmaster

The integrated graphics in the 5600G uses by default 512MB of system memory for the UMA buffer.

DDR4-2400 is very slow memory, you only have 8GB total and running one module in single channel cuts performance in half.

Recommend you replace the memory with at least 16GB (2x8GB) dual channel kit with faster speed and better timings.

Ryzen R7 5700X | B550 Gaming X | 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 7900XT
Ryzen R7 5700G | B550 Gaming X | 2x8GB G.Skill 4000 | Radeon Vega 8 IGP
Ryzen R5 5600 | B550 Gaming Edge | 4x8GB G.Skill 3600 | Radeon RX 6800XT
0 Likes