cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

AMD-Fangirl
Adept I

Action! recorder

not really into forums or how to navigate which thread to put things on so forgive me if this is in the wrong section. 

lets compare Action! recorder by Mirillis to Radeon Re;live (the reason we're comparing will be stated after comparison)

1; file size difference.

Re;live - on 1080p lossless quality for a 22 minute test recording the file size was 9.58gbs (remember 1080p)

Action! - on 4k lossless quality for a 47 minute video the file size was 10.0gbs (4k!!!) 

2; resources used while recording. 

Re;live - uses a bit of resources not as much as OBS but it's still rather resource hungry. it can record 4k on my pc's specs (very few games) but most of the time it records with smooth gameplay putting out 15fps or even screenshot like recording

Action! - barely uses any resources at all (action! does not work on all game's the radeon driver/ action will both crash) but action can record without even hitting an impacting load on your resources meaning if you can play the game at said resolution/ settings with minimal room for resources you can record it in lossless quality. 

now i posted this on the software thread for a reason, AMD NEEDS Action! (what does that mean you ask) PARTNER or buy out Action! their recording software is far too great to even try and compete with and/or to allow another company to buy it out. 

with the genius coding/ codec software they developed when making/creating action! it could change the youtube/streaming platform for bettering AMD's end (if partnered/bought) making AMD the best hardware to own for youtubers/ streamers (giving huge amounts of reputation on AMD's behalf) now amd can keep up to par or smach nvidia/ intel based rigs on fair games that are optimized without choosing sides. (like warzone for instance) 

to throw in there, OBS gets absolutely OBLITERATED by Action! (there is simply no better recording software) if you guys were able to implement their software into Re;live it'll put Re;live on a higher status than OBS and Nvidia shadowplay. it'll also give a huge wave of new video ideas (re;live changes to recording is the best in the game now) <- example title for videos

AMD is KING! 

before you ask (no i do not work for Mirillis (action! recorder) and no i am not sponsored) just a guy with a 6700xt and a 2700x that basically needs action to record games in 4k. (can't do it without action) 

0 Likes
0 Replies