cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

hameli
Journeyman III

7900 XT - Crash, Timeout, BSOD in Select Games

As the title says me and many others are having timeout crashes, it seems to happen more in DX12 games (such as the finals beta was unplayable with DX12, DX11 frequent mid-match crashes).

The crashes are specific to certain titles and overtime it seems AMD are releasing band-aid fixes such as CSGO2 during beta and when it came out it was unplayable until a driver update was pushed.

Currently I am facing the timeout issue in COD MW3 campaign (2023 MW3), running the game in third mission without FSR (no upscaling OR fidelity fx) crashes instantly, the game is barely playable with FSR turned on on ultra performance and it is prone to BSOD (video scheduler internal error) and in the finals it a driver time out (Display driver amduw23g stopped responding and has successfully recovered.)

I had similar issues when Baldur's gate 3 came out, either Vulcan or DX12 was unplayable, also WoW was unable with DX12 but it is okay now.

Again it seems drivers are fixing the issue but it is extremely frustrating when a new game comes out and everyone is playing it except you, I had a lot of fun in the finals but I barely was able to play it due to crashing every single match.

I have tried the following to fix my issue and nothing worked

• Overclocking, PBO, underclocking, pushing power limit to max, undervolting
  • Disabling MPO
  • Disabling ULPS
  • Increasing TDR
  • Updating GPU to latest and different revisions(Using DDU with safe mode & AMD Uninstaller App), Chipset, Bios, Monitors
  • Fresh Windows Install
  • Steam repair, game reinstall
  • Disabling Freesync both in AMD & Monitor
  • Disabling VRR
  • Disabling Hardware Acceleration in Chrome, Discord, Windows etc...
  • Disabling every setting in Adrenalin
  • AMD Drivers in drivers only, minimal install and full install

Here is a my HWinfo log (VirusTotal scan)

PC Specs -

• 7900xt XFX Merc
  • 7600x
  • Team Group 32GB DDR5 6000Mhz
  • ASRock Riptide PG B650E Wifi Motherboard
  • FSP Hydro 1000W PS
0 Likes
0 Replies