cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

dlucio2009
Journeyman III

6900xt black screens

Please don't redirect me to another thread. I have all new hardware, a 1600 watt psu, all the latest windows updates and drivers. I get black screens while gaming. There is a Radeon wattman message when I restart. If I get rid of the Radeon software, the same crashes always still happen. I'm playing on a 4k 144hz monitor. I tried playing on a 60hz tv but couldn't recreate the crash. I have a newer display port cable that supports 4k 144.  

0 Likes
1 Reply
ThunderBeaver
Miniboss

Been seeing this a lot with DP cables and 144Hz monitors.

Do you have separate PCIE power cables running from your PSU to your GPU. Do not use the pigtails on the PCIE power cables AMD GPU's are finicky about uneven power distribution.

Also try switching the PCIE ports on your PSU. If you are using a multi rail PSU one of your rails could be overloaded.

If your monitor has HDMI try switching to that and let us know what happens.

I don't know if it's conjecture rumor or fact but I've read some articles and seen videos that OS and GPU software haven't been fully optimized for DP cable support. Advise researching this DP matter as a lot of it seems dubious but a small amount does have some hard facts.

I have no direct experience with DP cables. Responding to your issue will help keep it near the top of the list that way someone more knowledgeable will pick it up and provide experienced assistance in this matter. 

0 Likes