Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Drivers & Software

Hijura_AA
Journeyman III

184 - AMD installer cannot continue due to an unsupported operating system

Hello AMD Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to seek assistance regarding an issue I'm facing while trying to install the latest version of AMD software. When attempting to install the software, I encounter an "Error 184 - AMD installer cannot continue due to an unsupported operating system" message. I have followed various troubleshooting steps but have been unable to resolve the problem.

Here are the steps I have already taken:

1. Verified that my operating system meets the requirements for the AMD software version I'm trying to install.
2. Completely uninstalled any previously installed AMD software through the Control Panel/Settings.
3. Deleted all remaining AMD files and folders from the "%appdata%" and "%programdata%" directories.
4. Updated my device drivers, specifically the graphics card driver, using the Device Manager and selecting the option to search automatically for updated driver software.

Despite these efforts, the error persists, and I'm unable to proceed with the installation of the new AMD software.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue. Please let me know if there are any additional steps I can take or if there are any known solutions to this problem.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and guidance.

0 Likes
1 Reply

Would help to know some system info, what processor, graphics card model, OS?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, NM790 2TB, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes