Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

C-D535AF
Journeyman III

xfx rx580 8gb not outputting video with latest drivers

hello all

first time posting so i will try to explain my issue the best i can

i recently bought an rx 580 8gb to go in my pc but i cannot get it to output video at all. i am using the latest amd arenaline software which detects my card and will install drivers for it but when i try to switch from the motherboards vga out to the hdmi on the gpu, it will never output any video with my monitor just saying no signal. force intergrated graphics is on auto and i have it set to use pcie and not igfx. i am using a dual sata to pci power but i dont think this will make a difference hopefully.

this is my pc specs

-asus f2a85m motherboard

-16gb of generic 1600 ddr3 ram

-amd a10-5800k with radeon hd 7660d built in

-previously mentioned xfx rx580 8gb 

-generic 500w psu

i think that it is an issue of the igpu on the cpu conflicting with the new dedicated gpu but everything i have tried to do to resolve this issue has been unsucsesful, i have tried deactivating the built in hd 7660 in device manager to no joy, i have tried resetting the bios and having the card as the only video output which didnt work and various other things but still it does not work. i ran ddu to uninstall my old nvidia drivers so its not an issue with that and i even did a fresh windows install which still didnt work. when i bought the card it was advertised as having minor issues with artifacting but it still functioned to a certain extent. i only payed £30 for it so its not a massive investement but i would much prefer if the **bleep** thing worked even a little bit. i have only tried hdmi out as i do not have any display port or dvi cables but i have heard dvi can work better sometimes

any help would be greatly appreciated as i am new to pc building and wanted to replace my gt1030 which is useless for modern gaming

0 Likes
0 Replies