cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

rtbh99
Challenger

wanted to share my husbands pc!

I built our first pc back in 2016 with an i5 6600k, he has since upgraded to a 3800x, and i have gotten my own pc. still rocking the gtx 1070, i made him some custom cable extensions with the hope of putting his pc in a new case, because his current case is monstrous in size.... so the colors dont quite match the theme(yet). if i had read the rules for rig of the month more closely, i would have cleaned it up and submitted this build for consideration last month. this pc would look a lot cleaner and nicer if he would let me touch his stuff more often!

upgrades i want to do:

replace the case with a fractal pop air,  upgrade the cpu cooler to something quieter, fully convert him to the red team by giving him my 6800xt, but all of this requires Money 😐

specs:

cpu: 3800x with wraith prism cooler

ram: 16gb crucial ballistix @ 3600 mhz

mobo: x370 asrock killer sli/ac

gpu: gtx 1070

storage: 2 nvme drives totaling 1.5gb game storage, 256gb boot ssd, 2 hard drives for media storage

psu: some evga 750w bronze unit, semi modular

case: modified phanteks enthoo pro, i gutted the 8 hard drive bays from the front of the case and transplanted a hard drive cage from an nzxt h510. this removed a huge barrier to airflow, because the 200mm intake fan blew directly at the hard drive cages.

current configurationcurrent configurationpotential future configuration? i made the second extension just in casepotential future configuration? i made the second extension just in caselight strip so you can actually see the extensions in the solid black interiorlight strip so you can actually see the extensions in the solid black interiorthe mismatched cable combs bug methe mismatched cable combs bug me

---
lets talk about rtbh99
0 Replies