cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Building

Throwback AMD CPU

I was going through my drawers outside and came across these two beauties.  LOL this was from upgrades ago. I do not know what I ever did with my older ones but hope to come across them someday if I still have them. K6-2 450K6-2 450K6-2 350K6-2 350

8 Replies
johnnyenglish
Big Boss

Thats gold. 

The Englishman
Axxemann
Forerunner

Ahhhh yessssssssss

Performance over Pretty.
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

This is awesome! If you have a lot of older CPUs, it could be cool to put them in a box frame to show case them in your game room or office 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

That is a great idea.

I already have something to start with

johnnyenglish_0-1686776675500.png

The Englishman
Axxemann
Forerunner

I'll have to look through my parts bin, but I might have my old Phenom II kicking around. Not sure if I tossed it out when I moved because it had bent pins.

Performance over Pretty.
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I have some Thunderbird and Barton versions of the Athlon XP.  I'm not sure what happened to my Slot-A Athlon 1 GHz CPU.  It was probably in an early build I either sold or gave away.

Check out the builds here:  https://www.bigal-computers.net/#Build 

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I have the Palomino and Tbred B of the AthlonXP. Also had a Thunderbird 1ghz but i gave that one to my cousin. 

Lots of phenoms, 3 or 4, actually i think that all the 4 computers running my personal lan party lol had the phenom in it. From the X2 to X3 and X4 955 plus 140tdp 965

A true phenomenon

The Englishman
Vynski
Exemplar

The only ones I have left are 2 AMD 4200 dual core.  Too many, too long ago since that first build. An AMD 386SX 20Mhz.  I know there was a 486 in there somewhere.  Just quit trying to keep track.   Those were the days with no "ZERO INSERTION".  You held your breath every time you seated that CPU by pushing down on it.  Fortunately, I only went through the bent pins once, that was enough.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"